Profile for Cooperman > Reviews

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars A couple of major shortcomings, 14 Nov. 2013
Mouse
I like the mouse. Feels comfortable in the hand and is responsive. I haven't had it long enough to comment on battery life, but as one of the other reviewers mentioned there's no switch to turn it off and preserve the battery (unlike Logitech mice).

Keyboard
The keys have a reasonable feel to them. I like the curved keyboard layout (although I would have preferred it even more curved like the old corded one with the split in the middle that Microsoft produced years ago).Nice palm rest, but I would have liked it to extend a bit more to the left - the left-hand half of my left hand tends to dangle off the end of the palm rest.
However for me (an IT professional), this keyboard has two MAJOR flaws... The shift key that I use is the one at the bottom left - it's TINY, so a lot of the time I end up missing it. I've tried to get used to the one at the bottom right (which is much bigger), but can't get used to it. The other thing is that the Esc key is also tiny and isn't really a proper key, so again, I have trouble hitting it (and for someone who uses Unix 'vi' a lot this is a real pain). I will be quite interested to see how the letter transfers on the keys wear (my wife has tended to wear them off the various Logitech keyboards she's had in the blink of an eye, hence why I went for Microsoft this time).

General
The USB transceiver is a bit bulky compared to the Logitech transceiver.
I don't like the shiney finish.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2015 12:38 PM BST