Profile for cloudfish > Reviews

Mates, Dates and Inflatable Bras
Mates, Dates and Inflatable Bras
by Cathy Hopkins

4.0 out of 5 stars Read It and Weep (with laughter)!, 11 July 2003
Wondering through the Library one lazy sunday, I spotted this and decided to give it a go. Man am I ever glad I did. Possibly the most realistic book I have ever read, I totally indentified with everything.
You will definately know somebody like the main Characters: Lucy- shy, quiet and not sure where she's going in life; Nesta- Hip, confident, a real go-getter; Izzie- rebellious, different, lives for the moment.
The perfect book for anybody who has ever had to deal with career choices, bossy teachers, new friends, bad hair days and deranged parents.
If I can even convince one person to read this book, I will die happy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2011 4:24 PM GMT

10 Things I Hate About You [VHS] [1999]
10 Things I Hate About You [VHS] [1999]
VHS
Offered by londonstorehouse
Price: 9.83

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 things I love about 10 things I hate about you., 10 May 2003
1. Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The most adorable guy on the planet. If there was only one reason to watch '10 things', this awesome 3rd rock star would be it.
2.The fantastic cast. Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger work perfectly together, Larisa Oleynik is Stunning, David Krumholtz has the geeky best friend to a tee and Andrew Keegan shines as the guy we love to hate. Extra credit to Daryl Mitchell as the coolest teacher ever.
3.The fab soundtrack. Letters To Cleo are brilliant, and the entire songlist is hip and cool. I personally can't stop playing the CD!
4.The brilliant script. I love all the subtle hints to shakespeare, and I reckon this film holds the greatest one liners in hollywood!
5.The setting. The backdrop of seattle if gorgeous, and what wouldn't I give to go to school at Padua?
6.The bloopers. I don't think I've ever seen actors be so cool (and so funny) about messing up!
7.The storyline. I love the way everything is changed ever so slightly, and how shakespeare transfers so neatly into a teen scene.
8.The singing scene on the quad. What wouldn't I give to have Joseph G-L sing to me like Patrick sings to Kat? You're just to good to be true.....
9.The director. Some of the stuff is shot perfectly, e.g the "invitations down the stairs" scene. Congrats to Gil Junger.
10. The bit where Bianca kicks the crap out of Joey. Difinative Girl Power moment.
WATCH IT.