Profile for E. Braben > Reviews

Creatures of a Day: And other tales of psychotherapy
Creatures of a Day: And other tales of psychotherapy
by Irvin D. Yalom

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read all of Yalom's books. He is ..., 12 Jun. 2015
I have read all of Yalom's books. He is such a talented writer. He is also inspiring as a working psychotherapist. This book is a similar format to 'Loves Executioner' but obviously has new cases and given Yalom's philosophy and age, the focus is often on endings, loss, death. I am always enriched by reading a book by Irvin Yalom.

Eden
Eden
by Tim Smit

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read for many reasons, 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Eden (Hardcover)
A wonderful read for many reasons. Tim Smit is a good writer, finding out what was needed to get this amazing project off the ground - and the answer to last point is 'people' - people with influence, creative people, dedicated people who wouldn't give up, generous people (time and money), talented people of all types and most of all a person like Tim Smit. If you don't know this man then you are missing something very worthwhile. He's a social entrepreneur amongst other things. Highly recommended.

Berlitz: Budapest Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Budapest Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
by Berlitz
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars On an initial perusal it looks a good little guide, 2 April 2015
On an initial perusal it looks a good little guide. Nice size, sturdy and enough contents to cover a first or second visit. But of course, the test is in the using and I haven't yet been to Budapest.

A Single Man [DVD]
A Single Man [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth
Offered by MusicnMedia

3.0 out of 5 stars And Christopher Isherwood is such a good writer. This wasn't an obvious book to turn ..., 2 April 2015
This review is from: A Single Man [DVD] (DVD)
I preferred the book. The book is short and describes the internal world of the single man so the film has to resort to flash backs and other techniques. And Christopher Isherwood is such a good writer. This wasn't an obvious book to turn into a film in my opinion but it's good to see the depiction of a gay relationship.

Heartwarmers 42 x 32.5 cm Place Food Here Padded Lap Tray
Heartwarmers 42 x 32.5 cm Place Food Here Padded Lap Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not excellent quality but it is adequate, 2 April 2015
Had a reasonable padded underside which is the point of this tray. It's not excellent quality but it is adequate; the wood down one side was a bit rough but I sanded this and it was fine.

TRAVEL EASY MINI HAIR STRAIGHTENERS IRONS WITH HEAT RESISTANT GLOVE - BRAND NEW
TRAVEL EASY MINI HAIR STRAIGHTENERS IRONS WITH HEAT RESISTANT GLOVE - BRAND NEW
Offered by Worth-a-Glance

5.0 out of 5 stars This product looks good and it works fine for me but I do ..., 2 April 2015
This product looks good and it works fine for me but I do not need it for a whole head of hair just the sides. It does get quite hot though so if you are patient it would be okay to do more. Good size for travel.

I'm Calling the Police
I'm Calling the Police

5.0 out of 5 stars It had all the quality that I expect from Yalom's ..., 3 July 2014
It had all the quality that I expect from Yalom's writing. I'm just sorry it was a short story and not a book.

Clarks Funny Dream, Women's Lace-Up Shoes  - Black, 4 UK
Clarks Funny Dream, Women's Lace-Up Shoes - Black, 4 UK
Offered by Bells Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best comfortable shoes, 17 Jun. 2014
This is the second pair of these Clarks shoes i have bought. My first pair hasn't worn out yet but I wanted another pair while they were still available as I don't want to be without them. It would be wonderful if they became a Clarks classic and were never out of stock!

The Old Wives' Tale (Penguin Classics)
The Old Wives' Tale (Penguin Classics)
by Arnold Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 1 Jun. 2014
I have never read Arnold Bennett before and was motivated to do so by listening to the 'Great Lives' programme on Radio 4. He is someone who has, 'fallen out of fashion' and I agree with his advocate on the programme, this is an unfairness to a great writer. His ability to write about the lives of women is wonderful. The book was written around 1908 I think but for me, it has stood the test of time. A very good read.

Claudia Roden's Invitation to Mediterranean Cooking: 150 Vegetarian and Seafood Recipes
by Claudia Roden
Edition: Library Binding

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 17 Mar. 2014
I enjoy reading this book as it tells a story as well as providing recipes. It's a book of it's time and yet still relevant today.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9