Profile for Nik Watt > Reviews

Content by Nik Watt

Nik Watt "A walk without a dog is just a walk - but a walk with a dog, is an adventure" (Edinburgh)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Martick Cubic Zirconia Letter A Charm
Martick Cubic Zirconia Letter A Charm

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit small, 13 Dec 2012
This is 'what it says on the tin' and all that, but it is TINY (maybe 24pt, if that - the illustration in 'here' is bigger than life-size!).

I guess charms need to be small but the illustration makes it look like something you could actually 'make out'.

Incidentally, I notice my wife's wanted an, "L" for her; and an, "A" for the dog - and there's no sign of her wanting an, "N"..

Old Tige
Old Tige
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Dogs, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Old Tige (MP3 Download)
If you like sad stories.
If you like Jim Reeves.
If you have or have had a dog.
If you enjoy a greet.

You'll LOVE this.

The Jazz Age
The Jazz Age
Price: 10.16

3.0 out of 5 stars It Goes With A Swing, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Jazz Age (Audio CD)
This CD's a little on the short-side at just over 37 minutes (especially when you consider how long the same tracks would last, in their original format!) but it sounds good.

I think - considering the amount of music Bryan Ferry's responsible, he could have had a few more but maybe he felt that the others wouldn't "work".

I like 'swing', 'trad jazz' and Roxy Music, so this fits perfectly into my eclectic mixture!

I first heard a track on Paul O'Grady's programme on Radio 2 (on a Sunday) and thought it was a recording from the 1930s: It was quite a refreshing-shock to hear that it was brand new! I went to Amazon and listened to the tracks and thought to myself, "Why not.."

Some of the tracks IMHO bear little resemblence to the rock/pop versions but they still sound good, 'stand alone'.

But give it a shot: I think you'll soon be in The Swing.

The Life and Soul of the Party
The Life and Soul of the Party
by Mike Gayle
Price: 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 18 Nov 2012
Mike Gayle's work is SO much like my own thoughts on friends and other people, it's uncanny!

I have bought every one of his books - it's obvious that he was an, "Agony Uncle" for FHM.

Live In Concert 1975 - 85 Bruce Springsteen & The Street Band
Live In Concert 1975 - 85 Bruce Springsteen & The Street Band
Price: 10.38

4.0 out of 5 stars CD V.LP, 16 Nov 2012
I have this on a five LP collection boxed set.

Some tracks are far-better 'un-live'. Others are just as good or better. Be good to 'see him live' even without Clarence.

Lowepro Dublin 30 Pouch for Camera - Black/Arctic Blue
Lowepro Dublin 30 Pouch for Camera - Black/Arctic Blue
Offered by HarrisonCameras
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lowe And Behold, 16 Nov 2012
It's a little roomier than I need for a Nikon S9100 but the camera fits fine and there's less likelihood of damaging the camera's delicate lens cover leaves with the Lowepro bag so it fits the bill.

Haven't discovered what the slots on the Velcro fastening are for yet.

Oh, if you have a compact camera that fits in such a case, always put the screen outermost as the closure's less-likely to damage the lens. And if your case shuts with a 'snap' clip, do it the other way around, as contstantly-pressing the screen might break it. "Google" my name if you question if I know anything about photography..

iChoose - Wireless IR Infrared Remote Control for Sony Alpha A230, A290, A330, A380, A390, A450, A550, A580, A700, A850, A900, A77, A65, A55, A57, A33, NEX-5 NEX-5n,NEX-7 - Replacement For Milnolta DSLR as IRMT-DSLR1

4.0 out of 5 stars Rear-View, 16 Nov 2012
I bought this specifically to shoot the fantastic fireworks over 'my' Castle. And it was only when I pressed the button at the show in August that it dawned on me that the receptor for it is on the front of the camera..

On the plus side: There's two settings - one for 2 seconds and one for 10. Touchless-camera with (say) a macro lens, and the other to be in the shot yourself - but, as you don't need to press the button UNTIL you are already there..?

Martick Cubic Zirconia Letter L Charm
Martick Cubic Zirconia Letter L Charm

3.0 out of 5 stars Small But Beautifully-Formed, 16 Nov 2012
But enough of my wife.

She was given the Martick bracelet from a Brother for a recent 'special' birthday and so I wanted to get something to hang on it. The illustration's MILES' bigger than the actual item, to show the details but it was a bit of a shocker when the box arrived as I was expecting something far, far-bigger. It's nice enough though.

Downtown Tonight
Downtown Tonight
Offered by NetsavesUK
Price: 6.58

4.0 out of 5 stars They Shoot, 16 Nov 2012
This review is from: Downtown Tonight (Audio CD)
I bought this album simply because I reheard, "They Shoot Horses Don't They" and thoroughly enjoyed each track - "Get Out And Get It" and "Ladee-Lo" are another two that are good.

I bought the album because I used to have the album on cassttee [you can maybe read about them in an encyclopedia, kids] but that's long-gone. I also bought it for TSHDT and discovered that's a track on a compilation already on my MP3 player..

Male Dog Marking /Incontinence / House Training Belly Band Wrap - Size Medium Regular 16" -18" waist - Tartan
Offered by Glenndarcy Dog Pants
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Squirmin' Varment, 16 Nov 2012
IF your dog has a 'problem' then these might work for you - provided your dog's behaviour isn't like mine:

On applying the (hand-made) belt, with a 'panty liner' [which you can buy from Tesco or suchlike] around my 19yo dog he instantly couldn't manage on to the furniture.. (Reminded me of when I bought him a coat - and he '"got a limp": Which disappeared immediately I took it off!) Alfie with the belt lay in his basket and squrmed-around until he was free of the garment. Rather defeating the object which was a shame - as you could see he was embarrassed having an 'accident'.

Plan B: Wrap his privates in swimming trunks at night.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10