Profile for abby burrowes > Reviews

Content by abby burrowes

abby burrowes

Dr. Marten's Pascal Spectra, Women's Lace-Up Boots, Violet, 39 EU
Dr. Marten's Pascal Spectra, Women's Lace-Up Boots, Violet, 39 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm 13 and I thought these boots looked amazing!!, 28 Nov. 2015
I'm 13 and I thought these boots looked amazing!!! They really do! When they came they look super shiny, the are made of rubber and they may be comfortable, not that I know as I'm disabled and I can't feel my feet very well. Anyway, so I bought a six and they fit its just they made my feet look HUGE!! I don't wear them much as when I do people come up to me and are like, why are your feet so big?. Ugh. Anyway they look great and I would recommend them.

Volume 1: The Awakening & The Struggle (Books 1 & 2) (Vampire Diaries Box Set)
Volume 1: The Awakening & The Struggle (Books 1 & 2) (Vampire Diaries Box Set)

2.0 out of 5 stars Books, Or Tv Series...?, 28 Nov. 2015
Ok, so, im 13 and I read this book and I thought I was gonna be something BETTER than twilight. I've read all the twilight books and they are quite good, a bit soppy but okay. Anyway back to vAmpire diaries.....this book was a disappointment. I had to stop halfway through its was so Boring. I started watching the tv series halfway through and prefer the tv series WAY more. The tv series is scarier than the book. I think when they started making the tv series, they took the names from the book and kind of based the series on the book, but the series goes a whole other way to the book. Anyway, thought it wasn't worth a read, and I'm not going to get the next ones...

Hyperinnovation: Multidimensional Enterprise in the Connected Economy
Hyperinnovation: Multidimensional Enterprise in the Connected Economy
by Chris Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS AUTHOR IS A GOD., 3 Sept. 2015
I have known the author Chris Harris for years but have only recantly read this his first book.

I write a little , I'm a musician & don't know much about business at all but in a nutshell , Harris predicted in this his first book Hyperinnovation the modern media into connected world that we are now living in back in 2001, when we all went to blockbusters to rent a decent film & our favourite music, being in the wise form of Vinyl or CD was something we would never have wanted to believe we could actually have owned unless it was of course in that safe & timeless format.

Yet here we all are in 2015 with all of our above precious media accessible in an instant on one slim smart phone or tablet screen plus more apps & media than you'd care to shake a stick at.

I mean come on, can YOU have imagined owning an I phone 6 & all that it does back in 2001?!

No nether could I. The mere thought of It would have brought me out in a cold sweat which leads me ( Harris calm down if you are reading this. ) to my second point.

Despite his obvious brilliance & success as an author , speaker & business man he is THE most down to earth unassuming person I have ever met & here in Brighton that is a rare & precious thing as let's face it, most people from Brighton have a " few quid " or are middle to upper middle class & think for some strange reason that this makes them somehow better. ( you really do not get such blatant snobbery in London where I am from so if you are from London & thinking of moving here please be warned.)

The man is simply a god. he is & has been since the day we met my intallectual hero yet also somehow manages to be the coolest , funniest man I have ever met.

And yes , ok he is also my best mate & boyfriend but a biased review this does not make.

& finally , to Harris: although it took you three years to ask me out I am beyond glad that you did as you rock my world Totally.

Actually.

Darling.

👸🏾

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars keeping your child safe., 12 July 2013
These pads and helmet are hard so when your child falls down, they wont get hurt as much as when the dont wear them.

LEGO Friends 3185: Summer Riding Camp
LEGO Friends 3185: Summer Riding Camp
Offered by PkB Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Things it has!, 12 July 2013
This toy is amazing! On the box it looks quite big but really it is quite small. I built it in about two days. It depends on the time you have. There is some hair accessories in a brown chest connected to the caravan. You get four girls in this set. There is three horses and a little hedgehog.There is two normal beds and a bunk-bed. Also a little
handbag comes with it too! The box is quite big and there are three instruction books. I hope you will like this review!

15 x Ultra Early - 10mIU Wide Width Pregnancy Test Strips (tests up to 6 days earlier)
Offered by Home Health (UK) Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Told me what i needed to know kind of......, 10 Nov. 2012
I was a week late, had a light af then started feeling very pregnant. Im a mum of four so i kinda know what to look out for.
Took lots of these tests (& others) all - except for an odd moving second line /smudge which seemed to dissapere after a few minutes. If i did not have lots of pregnancy symptoms i would have written them off as sure -s.
A month later, , swollen belly, missed af i just KNEW i was pregnant but i wasn't about to go to the dr as a. I had not had a true + & b.i think drs do much more harm than good in the first trimester.(eg why give a 8 week pregnant women a painful internal scan when it often induces cervical bleeding? I think women should have move faith & patience in early pregnancy much like our grandmothers did.) by week 8 i could clearly feel my baby move in my tummy. All this & still no positive test apart from the moving lines on these strips. So i took good care of myself, trusted God & knew that sooner or later id get my true+.
I finally got 5 faint bfp on pound shop & pregnancy cassette tests (brought from amazon) but oddly nothing on these accept a large pink smudge that did stay (finally) after the 10minute mark.
Im now almost 12 weeks pregnant & everything is fine. So i don't know weather to love or hate these tests as they didn't show a + until 10weeks (all my other pregnancies showed +2days after af was due) But they did show some line with colour, all be it a moving smudge "line" so they encouraged me, alone with my pregnancy symptoms & womens intuition, to take good care of myself as i knew i was probably pregnant.

What makes my story interesting & hopefully encouraging to other women hoping to conceive is that im 37 & had my tubes tied 6 years ago when my last son was born by c section. Im recently remarried & my new husband is 47 & has no children of his own. Ironically,The month i got pregnant we had decided to start savings to get my tubes untied but i had been praying that God would do a miracle for me & open my womb as he did Hannahs in the bible.
& he did.