ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)

Citadel
by Kate Mosse
Price: 5.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to predescessors :(, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Citadel (Paperback)
Firstly, I absolutely loved Labyrinth and Sepulchre. I was very excited when my copy of Citadel landed on my door mat and I couldn't wait to get stuck in. I have so far been very disappointed. I am about 2/3 of the way through and about to give up - something I very rarely do. I just can not connect with the characters in the same way as Kate Mosse's previous books (other than Audric Baillard) and I feel that the past/present(in this case WW2) story lines just do not merge well together. In fact, I am left wondering where on earth she is going with all this and not in a good way.

That said, the descriptions of the Languedoc region and Carcassonne are wonderful and every now and I again I think the story is going to pick up, only for it to fizzle out again by the end of the chapter. I just wish that the story had much more focus on Audric Baillard and there was a better way to entwine a historic mystery with the present. I so wanted this book to be great and I am so sad that I am struggling to finish it.

Gisela Graham Shabby Chic 4 Drawer Lime Wash Box with Heart Handle
Gisela Graham Shabby Chic 4 Drawer Lime Wash Box with Heart Handle
Offered by Oaktree Gifts
Price: 19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty!, 1 July 2013
Arrived very quickly and I was very pleasantly surprised by how lovely this item is. I bought it intending on giving it as a gift for my friend but I am considering buying a second for myself. The heart shaped handles are so sweet and I think this will fit in very well with my friends house - she loves anything vintage, shabby chic style.

VMC Accessories Peppa Pig Dress Up Costume
VMC Accessories Peppa Pig Dress Up Costume
Offered by Licensed Products Limited
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 1 July 2013
I bought this for my friend's 2 year old Peppa Pig mad little girl. I was a little concerned it would be a bit big but was of the mind that she would eventually grow in to it. However, it fit absolutely perfectly and went down very well.

District29 Women's Sara Vintage Satchel Powder Green SS01090
District29 Women's Sara Vintage Satchel Powder Green SS01090

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 1 July 2013
When I saw this for such a low price I decided to take a risk and order it. I was so happy that I did that I have bought a second satchel to give as a present to my sister in law. Although it is not leather, it is lovely quality. Gorgeous sage green and cream spots. I couldn't be happier!

Blossoming Branches Journal (Magnetic Closure) (Notebook, Diary)
Blossoming Branches Journal (Magnetic Closure) (Notebook, Diary)
by Peter Pauper Press
Price: 8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 30 May 2013
Really lovely notebook/journal - I am using mine as a recipe book. Lots of lined pages. Pattern to cover is gorgeous, with gold detail to some of the stems. Would recommend.

Twirled Paper (Klutz)
Twirled Paper (Klutz)
by Jacqueline Lee
Price: 9.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Twirled Paper (Klutz) (Hardcover)
Bought as a present for a 10 year old girl and it went down really well. She thought it was really cool and mum has since said it has served well on rainy afternoons during half term.

You get lots of little projects and all the accessories needed are included. I am sure you would be able to get more paper when it runs out and carry on with your own ideas etc. too. Very creative.

Stencil Art (Klutz)
Stencil Art (Klutz)
by Paula Hannigan
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Stencil Art (Klutz) (Spiral-bound)

You get lots of little projects and all the accessories needed are included. I am sure you would be able to get more ink pads when they run out and carry on with your own ideas etc. too. Very creative.

The Last of the Mohicans [Blu-ray] [1992] [Region Free]
The Last of the Mohicans [Blu-ray] [1992] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Daniel Day Lewis
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Quality, 29 April 2013
I can not believe the difference between watching this film on Blueray and previous copies owned on DVD/VHS etc. The colours are so vibrant and picture is so clear it was like watching a completely different film. This is one of my favourites and I was delighted with this Blueray edition.

Happy Birthday (Presents) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Happy Birthday (Presents) - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea!, 29 April 2013
I was stuck on what to get for a chap's birthday who volunteer's at the charity I work for. He is a huge music fun but I didn't want to buy him an album he might have already had so I got him an Amazon voucher instead and asked that he put it towards some new music for his collection. He was made up with it and put it towards two new albums he had listened to on Spotify and wanted to buy on CD as well.

Buying the voucher was very easy and you can pick from a variety of cards to print out or forward the electronic voucher to your recipients email etc. I think you can also opt to get an actual voucher delivered in the post but I did not go for this option due to time restraints.

Beautify - Professional Stylish Silver Aluminium Beauty Box Cosmetics & Make Up Case
Offered by eSecure
Price: 79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Storage, 13 Jun 2012
This arrived quickly and was exactly as described. I note other buyers have said theirs was flimsy or the lock didn't work - this was not the case with mine. I won't be using it for travelling anyway so the lock is not an important factor for me. There are lots of little compartments and trays which are handy for lip glosses and eyeliners etc and then the main compartment at the bottom is more than big enough for eye shadows etc. Although I would say this is more "medium" sized it more than suits my needs! Mt makeup is now all tidy and in one place as opposed to strewn all over my dressing table. I couldn't be happier!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4