Profile for H E. > Reviews

H E. "sayerh"

Creative MuVo Micro N200 512MB  -  Black
Creative MuVo Micro N200 512MB - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be disappointed, 29 Jun. 2005
Being a mother of two teenage daughters and rapidly approaching the dreaded 40, I decided to venture into the world of MP3 players in an attempt to convince myself that I'm not completely passed it yet! I read many reviews on various players both on Amazon and other sites and eventually decided that the Creative MuVo micro N200 512mb suited my needs. I HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT.
My daughters have an Apple ipod mini and a Philips HDD065 which admittedly have larger memory capacity (through choice), but for ease and speed of use the N200 wins hands down!! The click and drag method is so simple even I managed it!
The size of the unit took me by surprise a little, even though I knew it would be small - it fits neatly into the palm of my hand - but I have had no trouble reading the menu screen or using the controls.
The sound quality is really good (although I do agree with other reviewers who have commented on the whining noise when the backlight is on) and the radio reception is great. Overall I am totally satisfied that I made the right choice.

Yoga Deck: 50 Poses and Meditations
Yoga Deck: 50 Poses and Meditations
by Olivia Miller
Edition: Cards

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great find!, 23 Aug. 2003
I was originally looking for a book to compliment my yoga practice that I do at home daily, as well as my weekly class. I find that I tend to repeat the same postures day after day and was after something to give me more ideas and variations. This deck of cards came up on a search and I decided to try them - I HAVEN'T been disappointed!
The pack comes in a small, sturdy, portable box (I took mine to Spain with me on holiday!) Each card clearly shows and explains how to do the asana (posture) as well as detailing the benefits you can expect from it. There are a few recommended sequences of postures with specific benefits - from stress relief to relaxation - together with cards explaining breathing exercises and others with meditation guides.
This pack has proved to be an excellent buy and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to extend their yoga practice or revive their enthusiasm. It is probably NOT designed for advanced pupils, but would suit beginner to intermediate level.

Barbara Currie's 7 Secrets Of Yoga [VHS]
Barbara Currie's 7 Secrets Of Yoga [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars THOROUGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR BEGINNERS! VERY ENJOYABLE TOO., 7 Mar. 2003
Realising that I was beginning to feel my age and wanting to be a little trimmer and fitter, I decided to venture into the world of Yoga. I chose this video purely from reading the comments of other Amazon customers and have NOT been disappointed.
It is a BRILLIANT video for beginners. The way it is divided into 10-minute slots means that no one can say they don't have time for exercise!
I didn't want to get too "heavy" to start with and didn't want a lot of the meditation or mental workout often associated with Yoga, just a gentle way to get fitter and become more relaxed. I found that Barbara Currie seems to know exactly how to target a first timer with her clear explanations of each move and her two companions showing me the different stages of each one - very good for keeping your morale up!
I am now completely hooked after only 7 weeks and do 20 - 30 minutes EVERY morning before my busy day starts and often find time for another one or two 10-minute sessions later in the day.
My flexibility has certainly improved and my waistline is slowly reducing too.
All in all, AN EXCELLENT BUY!