Profile for Sooz1 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Every Day Is a Holiday
Every Day Is a Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and interesting, 29 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I read the first book written by George Mahood, Free Country, which I enjoyed so much I decided to read this book too. The way it is written is very funny, and the fact that GM brings his family into the stories makes it even more interesting and funny. To be honest I don't think the "holidays" are so important, it is the way the book is written that appeals and I look forward to the next one.

Too Late to Say Goodbye
Too Late to Say Goodbye
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable!, 28 April 2014
I could hardly put this book down. Another brilliant read by Ann Rule! It is unbelievable to think that someone could shield himself behind a cloak of respectability and commit those appalling acts. If you are interested in true crime, especially where the person committing the crime is to all intents and purposes an upstanding professional member of society, then you will find this book very interesting.

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 28 April 2014
I was looking for something a bit different and lighthearted as I normally read true crime. This was certainly different. It was interesting and funny. It was written in a fairly lighthearted way so even if you were not interested in the geography or history of Great Britain it wouldn't matter. It is remarkable what they did and how they managed each day and you could be forgiven for thinking that it was an easy ride (excuse the pun) by the humour injected into the writing of the book. I couldn't wait to find out how they were going to manage each day of their journey. I would definitely recommend this book.

Hackney Child
Hackney Child
by Hope Daniels
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - written through the eyes of a child, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hackney Child (Paperback)
I did quite enjoy this book but it is written through the eyes of a child - which is ok but not as good as other books I have read where it starts off with the childhood and then goes through the life of the person to adulthood. However, the book is very well written.

How Did All This Happen?
How Did All This Happen?
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 12 Mar 2014
A really good book, easy to read, funny, interesting and little bit sad in places. I would definitely recommend it.

Everlast Warm Gilet Mens Black Medium
Everlast Warm Gilet Mens Black Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Everlast Warm Gilet Mens (Apparel)
Exactly what I wanted a warm, comfortable gilet. I ordered medium and it is medium, not too small or too big. Very good value for money. It is fairly plain which was what I expected and wanted.

Pataks Garlic Pickle 300 g (Pack of 6)
Pataks Garlic Pickle 300 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by a2zdrinks
Price: 13.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 27 Jan 2014
If you like garlic and you like pickle you will like this. However it is not for the faint hearted. It isn't particularly hot but it has a very strong flavour.

Good Ideas Non Slip Outdoor Step (1193) Half Step instantly reduces height of doorsteps. Mobility Aid.
Offered by Comfort Living
Price: 16.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 Jan 2014
This step is exactly what I was looking for and much cheaper than some others I have seen. It does the job perfectly. I have put it outside my front door as there is quite a steep drop as I come out of my front door. What I like about this step is the size, I didn't want something narrow, and it feels very sturdy when you stand on it.

10ml Ylang Ylang Pure Essential Oil
10ml Ylang Ylang Pure Essential Oil
Offered by FRESHSKIN

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely aroma, 27 Jan 2014
I have only given this 4 stars as the smell wasn't as strong as I had hoped, however it is good value for money and you would probably have to pay a lot more for a stronger smell.

Where Is the Mango Princess? (Vintage)
Where Is the Mango Princess? (Vintage)
by C.E. Crimmins
Price: 10.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well written, 27 Jan 2014
Really good book, I couldn't put it down. I would recommend it. It is very sad what happens but the book has been very well written.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3