Profile for MonicaLS > Reviews

Content by MonicaLS

MonicaLS

DBPOWER® Infrared Remote Extender 1 Receiver 6 Emitters Hidden IR Repeater System Kit DC
Offered by Shared Dream Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, easy to set up, 27 Feb 2014
We've set this up a few weeks ago and it's working flawlessly. Very happy. Seems well made too. Very good value for money (especially considering there are similar products on market for much more money).

PEWTER SILVER GREY METALLIC EXPANDABLE STRETCH FAUX LEATHER LEATHERETTE PVC VINYL UPHOLSTERY FANCY DRESS CRAFTS FABRIC
Offered by I Want Fabric

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and great colour, 13 Feb 2014
On initial inspection this looks like a good quality faux leather fabric in a lovely metalllc finish. It's quite thin so I expect it to be easy to sew and work with with although I'll update this review if that turns out differently. Vendor shipped promptly as well, so all in all very pleased.

The 1930s Home (Shire Albums) (Shire Library)
The 1930s Home (Shire Albums) (Shire Library)
by Greg Stevenson

3.0 out of 5 stars Just an overview really, 26 Nov 2013
I have been curious about this book for a while, mostly because my house looks a lot like the one on the cover! It't not an expensive book but then it doesn't really have much real information. If you already have seen or read anything about 30s houses in London then you'll probably know most of what is in here. But it's a good talking point to leave out on your bookshelf if you have a 30s house.

The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 28 Days: Eat More Food & Lose More Weight
by Haylie Pomroy

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should just try this diet., 26 Nov 2013
Being a mum of a very active toddler I was attracted to this diet as it's focus is not weight loss by calorie controlled dieting... after all I really need to keep my energy levels high and I can't do that on a very low caloric intake. Some people say that her portions are small or that she is giving you very little calories but that just isn't true. Firstly you can eat as much veg (within the permitted list) as you want - that might not appeal to some people but if you get fresh organic produce that actually tastes of something (not the big supermarket stuff!) then it's really enjoyable and filling to load up on veg. Secondly I actually found her portion sizes for some things too big (especially on the first few days) but then I'm not a total carb addict to begin with. Lastly if you follow the diet you are eating something every three hours .... how can anyone be hungry if they are doing that unless they are 'cheating' and eating the wrong types of foods that trigger a high/crash? It's really important to be organised though so you have the right foods on hand when needed (especially the snacks in between which are key to making you feel full all the time I've found).

The actual diet is very prescriptive in what you can and can't eat so it helps to read the book a few weeks before beginning which gives you time to get organised maybe making and freezing some of her suggested recipes in advance and getting a few shopping lists organised. I lined up a few online grocery orders in advance so I knew I'd have things in when I needed them. The more distraction and demands on your time the more organised you'll have to be! Her jerky turkey recipe is truly very tasty, so much so my husband eats my stash just as a snack (he wasn't doing the diet).

Overall though I really was amazed with the results. I lost about 4 pounds a week consistently but more than that they were obviously the 'right' pounds as I looked a lot smaller than my weight would indicate. My skin looked amazing too. By the end of week two there was a big difference in my overall appearance and I was getting loads of compliments. Most importantly though I just felt really good - very 'light' inside, very healthy and not at all hungry.

SwimBest Baby Wetsuit - Pink/Navy - 12-24 months - Baby warmer wrap keeps baby warm water
Offered by SwimBest Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well and seems well made, 26 Nov 2013
I chose this particular style as I wanted to keep my little ones arms and legs free. It is keeping her warm and is quite adjustable with tabs over shoulders as well as those pictured. The side velcro positioning makes it easy to put on as it completely opens. My only quibble is that the velcro area isn't very big which means there is limited adjustment possible.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Reseller entirely unhelpful if there is a problem, 30 Aug 2011
My original review of this product was positive but after using this pushchair for nine months, the plastic piece that locks the pushchair in the folder position has "stretched" to the point that it no longer keeps the chair closed. The reseller is not interested in addressing this at all. I don't drive so don't have to fold the pushchair on a daily basis, only on weekends if we are going away. As such I'm doubly surprised that this piece has failed. I noticed that other models have a metal piece instead of plastic so clearly this is something the manufacturer is aware of. But Proqom, the seller, simply replied "you are no longer under warranty" to my email asking for help with this. I emailed them saying I'd be happy to pay for the metal bracket and asking for some help. Clearly they don't care about customer service.
The pushchair is still a good price and otherwise works fine. But I'd caution anyone buying it only because the company has been so unhelpful.
Otherwise, as I said in my original review, it was straight forward to assemble. The stroller is as described by the company and is stable and easy to maneuver. Although it is described as suitable from birth, the stroller it does not offer a true 'lie flat' position. The pushchair folds down to fit into the boot of our VW Golf Plus. The lack of a handle brake is disappointing.