Profile for Kenneth H. Short > Reviews

Content by Kenneth H. Short

Kenneth H. Short "Mr K Short" (Fife, Scotland)

Nintendo DS Lite Handheld Console (White)
Nintendo DS Lite Handheld Console (White)
Offered by whizzleswonders
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars DS beats PSP anyday!, 15 July 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased an original DS when they were released back in March 2005. However I sold it to my sister when the PSP was released the following December.
I kept the PSP for a year and two months, in which I had only bought two games and I never played it. Then my friend got a DS Lite and I knew instantly that I wanted one. I traded my PSP in and bought a new DS Lite. Now my sister and I can play against each other. In general the DS is cheaper to run, not only because the actual console is cheaper but the games and accessories also tend to be cheaper. The DS has some brilliant games too, my favourites are: Sim City DS, Brain Training, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64 DS and my sister loves Nintendogs!
If you are a really serious gamer, I would recommend you get a PSP, but if you are more relaxed about gaming, then the DS is the way to go!

The "Harry Potter" Time Turner and Sticker Kit (Running Press Mega Mini Kits)
The "Harry Potter" Time Turner and Sticker Kit (Running Press Mega Mini Kits)
by Running Press
Edition: Misc. Supplies
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Let your imagination spin back time, 15 July 2007
Do not be misled by the title. This product does contain a sticker book, but there are only eight stickers in it. The best part of this box is the recreated Time-Turner - featuring rotating inner rings and a functional hourglass -inspired by the Time-Turner used by Hermione Granger in the movie "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
The Time-Turner itself is made of plastic with a metal chain. Obviously this item is not as good as the Noble Collection Time-Turners which are made of metal but I have read reviews of these across the net and they apparently break very easily. This item is at a great price and you get a Time-Turner without paying a ridiculous 40 for a Noble Collection one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2008 3:21 PM BST