Profile for Book Reader > Reviews

Content by Book Reader

Book Reader (Oxford, England)

Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
by Delia Smith
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes - this is a excellent resource, 8 Jan 2009
I got this for Christmas and love it. I have tried the Lemon Meringue Pie and the Quiche Lorraine - both were excellent. I served the pie to friends of mine and my husband and they all loved it. I am American and this a dessert served often in the South - Delia's recipe really is excellent. The Quiche Lorraine I served to my in-laws - who loved it as well. It was so easy to make and was like something served in a good restaurant (as was the pie). I have chosen four recipes to do this weekend - ordering from Waitrose online (which doesn't stock everything Delia recommends, but has quite a lot of them). Not only are the recipes interesting and easy, it is nice to have had someone as picky (presumably) as Delia test out all the products she recommends. I would have been too nervous/busy to buy all of the things she did - like tinned lamb mince, Dress Italian sauces, Thai Taste products and Aunt Bessie's potatos. For me, that is a big plus of the book. I'm a busy mom who likes to cook well for my family, but find it hard to cook like I want to all the time. I think this book is great for women like me. Well done, Delia, and thank you!