Profile for Jacobtheviking > Reviews

Shaun The Sheep - The Movie [DVD] [2015]
Shaun The Sheep - The Movie [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Richard Starzak

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaun the Hero., 1 Nov. 2015
Hilarious. Could not stop watching it for a moment. Definitely brilliant. No word of dialogue but so easy to understand every line!

Britannia: Part I: The Wall
Britannia: Part I: The Wall
by Richard Denham

5.0 out of 5 stars Too many rabbits!, 1 Nov. 2015
Personally, and I have read some of the other reviews, especially the one star ones, I liked this book. I liked the pace, I liked the four main characters. I did not see any inconsistencies in the timeline, as I do not know anything about this period of history, and had no idea about the rebellion at this time. I think some reviewers have got a bee in their bonnets about historical accuracy. let me remind them it is a work of fiction loosely based on historical events, just as Bernard Cornwell's books are. Dramatic licence is allowed (its a work of fiction, a story). If anything, I think The Gaius Valerius Verrens books of Douglas Jackson do Roman battles a bit better, but I still liked the plot, the characters, and everything really. The only "beef" I have is a natural history one: bloody rabbits kepy popping up all over the place! Although the Romans may have introduced rabbits, they were further introduced by the Normans and did not become common in the British countryside until Mediaeval times. However, that is probably not well known, and at least the bunnies don't turn into killer zombies and spoil the plot!

Patuoxun Car Electronics Audio Car Stereo Audio FM Stereo Receivers Car Audio Stereo AM/FM Radio Receiver with Mp3 Player & USB SD Input AUX Receiver

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish, do not buy., 15 Jun. 2015
I also have a duff one. When I eventually got round to fitting it it breaks sound transmission oon a regular basis like a sine wave. Complet crap, avoid like the plague. I suppose the price should put you off, but you still expect something that works.

Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013]
Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Brilliant film, not quite up to "one" but very entertaining and now leading to obvious minion spin off.

Thunderbirds Classic - Complete Collection (9-Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Thunderbirds Classic - Complete Collection (9-Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Patillo
Offered by Mayflower Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say? Part of my childhood that ..., 6 Mar. 2015
What can I say? Part of my childhood that inspired and interest in science and engineering. I hope my grandson loves it too.

GMYLE(TM) Mini Compact Size Ultra Bright 9V LED Flashlight for Camping, Indoor Use

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Mar. 2015
Brilliant. Very bright, and very small. Why didn't somebody think of this before!

Araldite Epoxy Resin Glue 2 Part Clear Epoxy Adhesive Transparent Quick Dry Glue 10g
Offered by Hobby Art & Crafts

2.0 out of 5 stars I have previously used the old 24 hour setting stuff which works a lot better., 6 Mar. 2015
Very tiny little tubes, and does not stick very well at all. I have previously used the old 24 hour setting stuff which works a lot better.

Acctim Saxon Large Double Bell Alarm Clock Brass
Acctim Saxon Large Double Bell Alarm Clock Brass
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars is big and robust and easy to use, 6 Feb. 2015
What a thing of beauty this is. It has a lovely old fashioned tick, is big and robust and easy to use. In an era of electronic everything it is a breath of fresh air. It looks like a brand new antique and appears to be very well made. I have no idea how it will weather but it is very refreshing to see a thing like this still available.

The Grand Budapest Hotel [DVD]
The Grand Budapest Hotel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 20 Jan. 2015
Brilliant. Imaginative. Great cast. Fantastic ideas, sets, and bonkers scenarios. The best thing in it is Ralph though, so why no Oscar nomination?

Bertelin Cordless Electric Glass Kettle 1.7L - Blue Illumination LED Illuminated
Offered by Armeton Electrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool way to boil water, 20 Jan. 2015
I love this thing. Stylish fast and a cool colour. A bit dribbly if you try to pour too fast. I love to see it do its stuff! Not very expensive too for huge level of Italian style. Bellisimo!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3