Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Museum Studies: Poems from a Retail Assistant
Museum Studies: Poems from a Retail Assistant

5.0 out of 5 stars Well crafted!!, 19 Mar. 2016
A well crafted body of work.

Poetry that delivers texture in the form of emotional echoes, produced from the considered words used to build pictures in your minds eye, of situations and moments that we over look in our busy lives.

Journeying to work, being at work, simple acts are taken apart and explored in a way that makes you appreciate how everyone must be effected by interacting with others, both friends and strangers.

My quote of the year so far taken from the book.

"Finding you alone, standing in a pool of your own hours."

The above quote stark and vivid, a description of being held in time, a physical rendition of seconds, minutes and hours passing inside a physical medium, of being submerged within.

Take the time to read this book of poetry, everyone will gain from doing so I believe, a glimpse of self maybe!!!

The Skinner (Spatterjay Book 1)
The Skinner (Spatterjay Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Sept. 2014
FANTASTIC IMAGINATION. WORLD BUILDING ON AN EPIC SCALE!!!!!!

The Book of Alien
The Book of Alien
by Paul Scanlon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book full of detail, 1 April 2014
This review is from: The Book of Alien (Paperback)
Great book full of detail, the extras are great, the pull out drawings within slip case through the book, give it a rounded off finish, adding a layer of detail. Highly recommended to any Alien fan.

Hawkeye Volume 1 Oversized HC (Marvel Now) (Hawkeye (Marvel Now!))
Hawkeye Volume 1 Oversized HC (Marvel Now) (Hawkeye (Marvel Now!))
by Matt Fraction

5.0 out of 5 stars Cover Art work, 1 April 2014
I'm into comics, I love the graphics and the writing that complement each other in a way that no other medium can't quite pull it off, in short its unique! The cover of Hawkeye caught my attention in the same way that a painting in an art gallery would, I found the simple lines appealing and quite satisfying.

I will now admit to myself and to anyone who reads this review that I bought the comic book solely on the strength of the cover art, how sad is that. To my utter and complete joy the book was brilliant the interior art, hard and gritty and basic to my eye, not to my taste but on reading the the prose, completely suited to the story arch!

A supper hero, with no super powers, who works with super being, who is completely believable and worthy of being in such a elite group.

Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth
Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth
by Chris Ware

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 1 April 2014
I love this book, it’s not even about what’s written in it.
It’s about the density of the publication, the detail, the page count.
It’s a great example of the pictures and writing combined to produce a form of entertainment that is more than the sum of its parts!!

Gabriel's Watch - Book One: The Scrapman Trilogy
Gabriel's Watch - Book One: The Scrapman Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars The author name checks harder than the writers of the avengers and that saying something!, 1 April 2014
Fantastic really well written. I applaud the authors ability to pull this off. My assumption is that this is his first publication, and again I have to say well done.

Its low price on amazon wont last, so if you like your sci fi based on earth scattered with robots, clones, and aliens then give this one a go.

The author name checks harder than the writers of the avengers and that saying something Batman, Alice in wonder land, just to mention just a few. But it works, oh so well!

I have to give a shout out to Lacey, for recommending this one to me. Good call!!!!

Jupiter War (Owner Trilogy Book 3)
Jupiter War (Owner Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars what science fiction was made for, 24 Nov. 2013
Pure entertainment. What science fiction was made for. Three books effortlessly written with the final deliverying just as easily as the first. Tip, start with the first and work your way through to the third, if you have time over one period.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ending, 19 May 2013
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
Great read. The ending though it needed another twenty pages of imformation to finish the book. The reader deserves this after such a fine delivery. Great page turner.Architect

Alien- The Illustrated Story (Original Art Edition)
Alien- The Illustrated Story (Original Art Edition)
by Archie Goodwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done, 5 Nov. 2012
I bought this as a fan of Alien and Aliens. I love books, reading as much and as often as I can. I will also own up to being a bit of nerd - which all of a sudden has become cool - Go figure? I read comic books so purchasing this item was a bit of no brainer. We mostly all know the story of alien so that can be by pasted. What I will review is the quality of the book, which is massive. The actual dimension is what Iam referring to. Completely oversized which was a surprise to me when it arrived. This makes the story in this form original and freshly appealing. Quality of the binding and the paper used make this a book to cherish and looked after. An excellent reimagining of the original book. There are a few different styles and size of this book out if you had to pick I would suggest this addition to all the others for the reason stated above. Architect

Star Wars: The Blueprints
Star Wars: The Blueprints
by J. W. Rinzler

5.0 out of 5 stars Wowww!!!!, 16 Sept. 2011
Well im not sure where to start with this review. So just to be logical i will begin at the beginning. I have just taken delivery of this book. The box it came in is huge and the weight of the item is something i was not expecting. I carefully opened the the packaging and there it was. The book is of a size that allow you to scrutinize the detailed schematics without the aide of any kind of magnifying implements,the quality of the paper and the binding is second to none. I do not want to sound like a fan boy or anything, as im not, i love the first three original movies but I am honestly more of a Trekkie than a star wars fan. This book is simply a a work of art and goes beyond science fiction and the fans who love the medium. It is truly a modern day piece of art and belongs in a library. Not a normal one but a rich persons private collection who has the means to look after such an exceptional piece of modern iconic culture. The price of this item is indulgent, in a way you struggle to justify the expense. Its a book for heaven sakes. But with physical books becoming ever so slightly redundant, this piece of art, because that what i have now come to believe it is, is a thing of beauty. Something that you want to own apposed to needing to. I'm not going to go into detail concerning the content because i don't think i would do it justice, all i will say in summary is, if you can figure out away to purchase one, do because there is no way that you will ever regret it!!!![

Architect