Profile for S. Callejo Paterson > Reviews

Content by S. Callejo Pat...

S. Callejo Paterson "Eluding reality" (Madrid, Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Road Back (Choc Lit)
The Road Back (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars What an exceptional setting, 20 Nov. 2012
I found the setting for this book truly original. I loved being drawn into a completely foreign place to me and I could picture the places and customs perfectly thanks to the author's descriptions. The story is fantastic too. It is very emotional and even made me cry, but I was happy to alternate tears with smiles. This was a great, moving love story told with beautiful style. I'm looking forward to reading more books by this author.

The Silent Touch of Shadows (Choc Lit) (Shadows from the Past Book 1)
The Silent Touch of Shadows (Choc Lit) (Shadows from the Past Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, atmospheric, romantic, 20 Nov. 2012
What a fantastic novel. It is beautifully atmospheric, mysterious, romantic, emotional and gripping. I was hooked from the very first page and devoured the book. However, I was sad when it had finished as I missed the characters and the story. The atmosphere comes to life immediately and draws you into the period and story. It is an excellent read. Christina Courtenay excels herself in this dark, romantic novel.

Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance
Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 13 Nov. 2012
I read this book just before editing my novel and it was extremely helpful. There was lots of advice that I could apply to my own work and lots of tips to make scenes work much better, how to create well-rounded characters, how to grab the reader's attention...
It was simple but very useful, just what I needed to improve my work.

And The Angels Cried and other stories
And The Angels Cried and other stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling and addictive, 9 Nov. 2012
I'd planned to read only one story but I couldn't stop, I had to go on reading more and more until I'd got to the end and was sorry it had finished. These stories are chilling, emotional, funny and dark. It's a fantastic collection written in a beautiful style and I hope there will be more to come.

Yours Truly
Yours Truly

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely funny and romantic, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Yours Truly (Kindle Edition)
It's been a time since I read this book and I still have a clear memory of the scenes that made me laugh out loud. The characters were so original and well built, that they became real people. As I turned the pages without stop, I felt as if I was in the village myself, cringing with the heroine's mishaps, drooling at the hero and feeling warmth towards the village people. It made me feel warm and happy and I still smile when I think of it. It is a really good début novel and I can't wait to read more by this author.

Shift
Shift

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and original., 4 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Shift (Kindle Edition)
Once my eyes had fallen on the first page, I couldn't stop reading. It was original, refreshing, entertaining, good fun and very exciting. I was gripped with the whole idea of the story. I still often think about it even if I read it some time ago. The main character was real and I felt I knew him well. Above all, it was the fast succession of exciting scenes that stopped me from putting the book down. I just needed to know what happened. This book left a trail after I'd finished it, as I kept remembering scenes or relating things in real life to the premise. It leaves a mark on the reader and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

Summer Nights
Summer Nights
by Allie Spencer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 25 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Summer Nights (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. It was great fun, exciting, funny and it had me turning pages non-stop. The story was easy to read, but it also had its emotional well-rounded characters. The hero was one to remember. I look forward to reading more of this author's books.

Murder in Steeple Martin - A Libby Sarjeant Murder Mystery #1
Murder in Steeple Martin - A Libby Sarjeant Murder Mystery #1

4.0 out of 5 stars Comforting read, but kept me guessing until the end, 21 Aug. 2012
I really like the characters in the Libby Sergeant series. They are so varied. I love that the heroine is not the perfect, beautiful sleuth, but a real-life character.
The mystery keeps you guessing right until the end, I kept thinking I knew who it would be, but then I'd be surprised by another twist, and everything would fit in perfectly at the end, without any loose strands.
I liked the gentle feel to the mystery without gory details which make your stomach twist too.
The Libby series is perfect for when you're looking for comfort reads.

Write a Great Synopsis - An Expert Guide
Write a Great Synopsis - An Expert Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful, 3 Aug. 2012
This book helped me lose the fear of writing a synopsis and it really helped me through the process. It has great ideas to help you write the synopsis and offers different approaches for you to choose which one suits you most. It's written with a good sense of humour and it is simple and straightforward. I have bookmarked several pages which I will re-read whenever I have to face the now not-so-dreaded synopsis.
This is an essential tool for writers. I can't say that I'm surprised, because Nicola Morgan's other book for aspiring authors (Write to be Published) is extremely useful too.

Construct A Couple (Serenity Holland Book 2)
Construct A Couple (Serenity Holland Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars More fun and laughs, 26 Jun. 2012
Another great book by Talli Roland. This author never fails to deliver funny, witty characters and stories. Every page has something to make you laugh or smile. I love the characters with their insecurities which make them so much more real. The heroine is always making me laugh with her daydreaming and fantasies. But beneath all the funny, original and extravagant events, there's also a moral and her unique characters bring a deeper, emotional message.
This book had the perfect pace to keep you reading from page one to the last without stop. It was great to read about these characters again, I felt I knew them and I enjoyed the way their relationship evolves. They feel like part of my family now and I want to know what will happen next to them.
I can't wait to read the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9