Profile for S. Callejo Paterson > Reviews

Content by S. Callejo Pat...

S. Callejo Paterson "Eluding reality" (Madrid, Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Hollow Heart (The Heartfelt Series Book 1)
The Hollow Heart (The Heartfelt Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, romantic story in a beautiful setting, 18 Feb. 2013
I was drawn into the world of these characters from page one. They were nicely rounded characters and I felt I'd become part of their lives as I read their adventures. It was exciting and emotional and I was cheering the heroine Marianne all the way. I loved her calm yet strong character and how she faced adversity and the bumpy relationship she had with the sexy hero. I'll be waiting for the second novel in this series. I think it would be a good choice for fans of Colette Caddle.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2014 6:08 AM GMT

Croissants and Jam (a romantic comedy)
Croissants and Jam (a romantic comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely funny and romantic., 3 Feb. 2013
It had me laughing away throughout the book and racing through the pages because I was so involved in the love story I just had to know that it would all turn out well. It was great fun and a feel good book. It made me smile from the very start to the end. I will be reading more of this author's books.

The Greatest Love Story of All Time
The Greatest Love Story of All Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, surprising and oh so romantic., 3 Feb. 2013
This book had it all. It made me laugh out loud but it brought me close to tears too. It's not a fluffy story, the characters were complex and became bone and flesh in my mind; they had deep issues which made them all the more real to me. They were original, weird, funny and loveable. I think I must've been holding my breath during many chapters because I couldn't see what was going to happen. Just when I thought it was heading one way, the story would do a U-turn and you're left wondering where it's all going to end. I loved the twists, the emotions, the friendships, the funny moments and the sad moments, but most of all, I loved the romance. I can't wait to read the next book and I hope there are more in line.

Playing James
Playing James

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and romantic. Ignore the cover, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Playing James (Kindle Edition)
The cover does no justice to the contents of this book. It is extremely funny. I was trying to read quietly at bedtime, but the headboard kept shaking with laughter. It is great fun but also very romantic. I wouldn't have picked this book up for its cover, but I'm grateful someone recommended it to me. The moment I finished it, I bought all her other books and I hope the author is writing more.

Cupcakes at Carrington's (Carrington's Book 1)
Cupcakes at Carrington's (Carrington's Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, exciting and comforting, 25 Jan. 2013
This book was like eating a cupcake, it was sweet, exciting and comforting. It had shoulder-shaking laughter moments and emotional moments too. I liked the world the author created in Carrington's and you became a part of it as you read on. I got so involved in the story that I wanted to throttle the baddies personally. It kept me reading until late, because I just needed to know what happened and I was cheering the heroine all the way there. I loved the twists in the story and how it all ties up at the end. I only wish the second book in the trilogy was already out.

The Summer of Living Dangerously
The Summer of Living Dangerously
by Julie Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, funny and very romantic, 10 Jan. 2013
I closed the book with a buzz last night. This book takes you through the entire scale of emotions. I laughed and cried whilst cheering the heroine along her story. The characters were complex and deep and I really cared for them. By the end of this novel, I felt exhausted from all the emotional turmoil I'd been through but with the buzz of excitement and happiness. It was surprising, entertaining, witty, original and very, very romantic. When is Julie Cohen's next book out?

HOUSE OF SILENCE
HOUSE OF SILENCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great voice and story, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: HOUSE OF SILENCE (Kindle Edition)
I only wanted to check the style of the voice, but that was it for me. I couldn't put it down. I loved the voice and how the author changed points of view. It is beautifully written, gripping, emotional and witty. I was surprised by all the twists in the story and I felt sad when I finished the book, as I'd become so attached to the peculiar and striking characters. I want to read all of Linda Gillard's books now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 2:13 PM GMT

The 5:2 Diet Book:  Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health
The 5:2 Diet Book: Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, complete, sympathetic and full of useful tips, 12 Dec. 2012
I loved that this book was so concise. This meant I could read it pretty fast, which is what you want when you've decided you're taking this route. I got all the facts I needed to know and, by the end, I was convinced by what I was going to do, helped by all the scientific references.
I also loved all the useful tips to make your fasting days easier, recipes and links to sites with more information or tools to help you.
It's good to read about the diet you're doing and not follow it blindly. I thought this book was complete and straightforward.
One of the best parts, was feeling the sympathy of the author who's experienced it all first hand. It was good to see the phases you can expect to go through, because she's been through them before. And I liked hearing about the results and progress.
I really recommend this book to anyone who is planning to do the 5:2 diet.

Mistress of the Sea
Mistress of the Sea

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Nov. 2012
This novel was exciting above all. I was gripped from the very first paragraphs and I kept snatching minutes whenever I could to get back to it. I liked the way the heroine evolved, who I wasn't so keen on at first but then became a wonderful, brave character. The hero was fantastic, with his internal issues, sense of loyalty and handsome face. I liked the way he didn't act as I'd expected him to. It was great to read a novel with Francis Drake and his adventures as the backdrop, especially as you could see that the author depicted a true version of him and had done her research. I found it refreshing and it has piked my interest in that period. This book was surprising, exciting, illustrative and romantic. It is an exceptional début novel and I hope there's more to come.

Dream a Little Dream (Choc Lit) (Middledip series Book 3)
Dream a Little Dream (Choc Lit) (Middledip series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never disappoints, 21 Nov. 2012
I've become a fervent fan of Sue Moorcroft's books and I'm always afraid I might be disappointed with her next book, but she always surprises me with another great book.
Once again, the characters in this book are 3D and engaging. I loved the way she wove the issues the hero had with Narcolepsy into the story; it made it much more real, without turning the book into a medical encyclopaedia. It was fun, emotional, insightful and romantic. It was everything I expected from Sue Moorcroft and more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9