Profile for S. Callejo Paterson > Reviews

Content by S. Callejo Pat...

S. Callejo Paterson "Eluding reality" (Madrid, Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
A Heart Bent Out of Shape
A Heart Bent Out of Shape

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing. Such a fantastic book., 5 Jan. 2014
I was in awe of this book. It is the first book I've read of this author and I was amazed at her beautiful voice and the way she threaded the story. I was completely drawn into the story and I couldn't stop thinking about the characters or story for days. I'd even wake up at night and think about them as if they were part of my real life. It's emotional, both dark and light, beautiful, romantic, deep and gripping. It's a book to remember, that will not leave you indifferent and will follow you for quite a while.

Just a Girl, Standing in Front of a Boy
Just a Girl, Standing in Front of a Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great emotional and romantic novel, 5 Jan. 2014
I'd been waiting ages for Lucy-Anne's next book and I put everything else on hold the moment it reached my kindle. I wasn't at all disappointed and remained glued to the novel until I finished it. I loved the unique characters, the sense of humour and the emotional background of the story. It's not all laughs and it makes it all the more real. I was so sorry to have read it so fast because I was left slightly bereft when it ended; I wanted more and missed the characters. I hope I don't have to wait as long for this author's next book as she never fails to leave me with a silly smile and replaying parts of the book.

Here's Looking At You
Here's Looking At You
by Mhairi McFarlane

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, exceeded expectations, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Here's Looking At You (Paperback)
Mhairi Mcfarlane has not only lived up to my expectations but has exceeded them with her second novel and she'd set the bar pretty high with You Had Me at Hello. Here's Looking At You is just as funny, emotional and romantic as her first and I enjoyed every page, scene, and character. All the highs and lows in the story made me feel for the heroine, bringing me from laughter to the verge of tears in the space of a few paragraphs. I hope we don't have to wait long for her next novel.

Too Charming (Choc Lit)
Too Charming (Choc Lit)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pacy, sexy read, 2 Dec. 2013
I really enjoyed this novel. You could feel the attraction between the extremely sexy hero and the feisty heroine from page one and you just had to keep on reading to know what happened between them. As you read on, you realize that it's not all about physical attraction and there is much more to the apparently overconfident Scott than meets the eye. The police enquiry brought excitement to the story and the author played with my heart rate as I started to unravel all the emotions hiding behind the sexual tension that sizzled on the page. This is a great debut novel.

Just For Christmas
Just For Christmas
by Scarlett Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny and romantic, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Just For Christmas (Paperback)
It was just what I wanted and more. It had me giggling at some points and racing through the pages, eager to know what happened, yet not wanting it to finish. I loved Alex and her dysfunctional family and every character in the book was somehow special and I formed a link with all of them. I kept wishing I could go to Poldore and meet all the people there, especially Ruan, who was an incredibly sexy, attentive, moody and caring hero. Most of all, it got me in the mood for Christmas and meant I spent a wonderful weekend out of the cold, experiencing the ups and downs of the hero and heroine.

The Firebird
The Firebird

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to read it all over again., 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Firebird (Kindle Edition)
Sophie's Secret has been one of my favourite books for years, but The Firebird may have taken its place. There are so many emotions in this novel that I still feel I'm on a roller-coaster after having finished it. I have become so attached to the characters that they won't leave and I keep replaying the scenes in my mind. The descriptions pull you into a different world and you completely forget that the characters are fictional (actually, some are based on real people). Susanna Kearsley has a unique voice that wraps around the reader forming a bubble of exciting adventures, political intrigues, exotic settings, heartbreaking sacrifices and roaring romance.

The Spice Merchant's Wife
The Spice Merchant's Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book in all senses., 11 Nov. 2013
It was not only beautifully written and researched, but the story and characters were addictive. The setting became alive in my mind through her beautiful descriptions, that had the right amount of details to make you feel the period without drowning you in information on the period. The characters were so real that I felt every single emotion the heroine felt, and even shed tears at some point. The way the author pictured the atmosphere and feelings of the time made the reader empathise with all the victims of the fire in London and it has been haunting me ever since. I was gripped by the hardships the heroine lived through and the excitement in the story. And then of course, there was the heartbreaking and uplifting love story that kept my heartbeat racing until the end.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2014 6:27 PM BST

Maid of Oaklands Manor (The Oaklands Manor Trilogy Series Book 1)
Maid of Oaklands Manor (The Oaklands Manor Trilogy Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, mysterious and romantic, 11 Nov. 2013
I didn't know what to expect of this novel by the cover, but it was a fantastic surprise to find an exciting, intriguing and very romantic story. The atmosphere and settings were perfectly built. It was like living in the manor and living the heroine's adventure with her. I found it was a similar style to Mary Stewart's books, and I've been remembering the characters ever since I finished it. I will certainly be reading more of this author's books.

A Cornish Affair
A Cornish Affair

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, atmospheric and romantic, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Cornish Affair (Kindle Edition)
I was completely taken with the atmosphere of this novel from the very first page. The voice reeled you into the mystery and drew you into the scene. The setting was fantastic and I felt I was there at the house in Cornwall. The heroine became alive on the page and I felt very attached to the hero and other characters. But best of all was that the story was exciting and extremely romantic.

A Conspiracy of Alchemists: Chronicles of Light and Shadow (Chronicles of Light & Shadow 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, romantic, original, 21 Oct. 2013
This was my first ever steampunk book and I didn't know what to expect, but I loved it. It was very exciting and very well written. Liesel Schwarz's descriptions reeled me into the action and settings. I felt part of the story and held my breath several times, I even had a few stomach flips in line with the heroine's too. It was beautifully written and all the descriptions of the machines and how they worked came alive on the page. To top it all, it was very romantic and I felt completely attached to the fantastically rounded characters. I'm looking forward to reading more adventures in the next book of the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9