Profile for S. Callejo Paterson > Reviews

Content by S. Callejo Pat...

S. Callejo Paterson "Eluding reality" (Madrid, Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Just For Christmas
Just For Christmas
by Scarlett Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny and romantic, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Just For Christmas (Paperback)
It was just what I wanted and more. It had me giggling at some points and racing through the pages, eager to know what happened, yet not wanting it to finish. I loved Alex and her dysfunctional family and every character in the book was somehow special and I formed a link with all of them. I kept wishing I could go to Poldore and meet all the people there, especially Ruan, who was an incredibly sexy, attentive, moody and caring hero. Most of all, it got me in the mood for Christmas and meant I spent a wonderful weekend out of the cold, experiencing the ups and downs of the hero and heroine.

The Firebird
The Firebird

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to read it all over again., 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Firebird (Kindle Edition)
Sophie's Secret has been one of my favourite books for years, but The Firebird may have taken its place. There are so many emotions in this novel that I still feel I'm on a roller-coaster after having finished it. I have become so attached to the characters that they won't leave and I keep replaying the scenes in my mind. The descriptions pull you into a different world and you completely forget that the characters are fictional (actually, some are based on real people). Susanna Kearsley has a unique voice that wraps around the reader forming a bubble of exciting adventures, political intrigues, exotic settings, heartbreaking sacrifices and roaring romance.

The Spice Merchant's Wife
The Spice Merchant's Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book in all senses., 11 Nov 2013
It was not only beautifully written and researched, but the story and characters were addictive. The setting became alive in my mind through her beautiful descriptions, that had the right amount of details to make you feel the period without drowning you in information on the period. The characters were so real that I felt every single emotion the heroine felt, and even shed tears at some point. The way the author pictured the atmosphere and feelings of the time made the reader empathise with all the victims of the fire in London and it has been haunting me ever since. I was gripped by the hardships the heroine lived through and the excitement in the story. And then of course, there was the heartbreaking and uplifting love story that kept my heartbeat racing until the end.

Maid of Oaklands Manor
Maid of Oaklands Manor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, mysterious and romantic, 11 Nov 2013
I didn't know what to expect of this novel by the cover, but it was a fantastic surprise to find an exciting, intriguing and very romantic story. The atmosphere and settings were perfectly built. It was like living in the manor and living the heroine's adventure with her. I found it was a similar style to Mary Stewart's books, and I've been remembering the characters ever since I finished it. I will certainly be reading more of this author's books.

A Cornish Affair
A Cornish Affair

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, atmospheric and romantic, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: A Cornish Affair (Kindle Edition)
I was completely taken with the atmosphere of this novel from the very first page. The voice reeled you into the mystery and drew you into the scene. The setting was fantastic and I felt I was there at the house in Cornwall. The heroine became alive on the page and I felt very attached to the hero and other characters. But best of all was that the story was exciting and extremely romantic.

A Conspiracy of Alchemists: Chronicles of Light and Shadow (Chronicles of Light & Shadow 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, romantic, original, 21 Oct 2013
This was my first ever steampunk book and I didn't know what to expect, but I loved it. It was very exciting and very well written. Liesel Schwarz's descriptions reeled me into the action and settings. I felt part of the story and held my breath several times, I even had a few stomach flips in line with the heroine's too. It was beautifully written and all the descriptions of the machines and how they worked came alive on the page. To top it all, it was very romantic and I felt completely attached to the fantastically rounded characters. I'm looking forward to reading more adventures in the next book of the series.

The Dog's BoIIocks (A Romantic Comedy)
The Dog's BoIIocks (A Romantic Comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still giggling and drooling over hero, 7 Oct 2013
Only start if you have time to read because you won't be able to put it down and be prepared to get a few stares if you're reading it in public. I couldn't stop reading or laughing out loud as I read this book. I love the humour, the comical and absurd situations, the loveable and peculiar characters and the heart-stopping romance in this book. I was so sorry when it finished. I hope Lynda Renham publishes her next book very soon, because I have loved all of them so far and I can't wait to read more.

One Perfect Summer
One Perfect Summer
by Paige Toon

5.0 out of 5 stars Still on a high after finishing it, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: One Perfect Summer (Paperback)
This book was like a drug. I was completely obsessed with its characters and felt anxiety when I couldn't get my fix and go on reading it. Once I'd finished it in a frantic rush to know what happened to the main characters, I went back to read a few scenes more calmly. I hurried to check other books by Paige Toon the moment I finished this one, and was so happy to discover One Perfect Christmas, which filled in the details I wanted to know after One Perfect Summer. Paige Toon knows how to immerse the reader into the book's world and bring the story alive.

A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
by Lucy Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars As fantastic as the first one, 1 April 2013
I loved this one as much as her first book. Lucy Robinson has a way of making you feel part of the characters' lives. These extraordinary people become your friends and you feel every single emotion as if it were all happening to you. It was one of those books you can't stop reading and you're racing through to get to the end, yet so sad when it does finish and have to say goodbye to the characters. It was fun, witty, warm and very romantic. I hope her next book comes out very soon.

Pink Wellies and Flat Caps - A Romantic Comedy
Pink Wellies and Flat Caps - A Romantic Comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 6 Mar 2013
I spent most of this book laughing out loud or smiling. Alice, the heroine, is very funny and spontaneous, it's not only her clumsiness and uncontrollable mouth, it's her astonishing trains of thought too. I thought the setting for this book was fantastic: a city girl up to her ears in mud in a farm, and the author avoids falling into the typical comical situations you'd expect. To top it all, it was very romantic and exciting. I read it greedily, but then was sad when it finished. However, I'm glad there are other Lynda Renham books to read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8