Profile for E. F. Fowler > Reviews

Content by E. F. Fowler

E. F. Fowler "Eddie" (Ripley, UK)

Reflections for Daily Prayer: Advent 2012 to Christ the King 2013
Reflections for Daily Prayer: Advent 2012 to Christ the King 2013
by Andrew Davison

5.0 out of 5 stars Now an annual purchase, 9 May 2012
I've just received this edition of Reflections for the year starting December and look forward to using it. This will be my third year using Reflections daily. A great resource for daily quiet time, giving you the readings for morning prayer along with a reflection on one of the 3 readings from the daily lectionary.

I use it in conjunction with Prayer during the day from Common Worship Daily Prayer and no doubt will continue to do so. But I am delighted to find in this edition that they have included a simple form of Morning Prayer inside the front cover along with seasonal variations at the back, making this a self contained book for those who do not use any other breviary at the moment, to start the day with a simple act of worship.

If you want to explore the delights of daily devotions in line with others in the church, wherever they maybe, then this is a cracking book to start with. Well done Church House Publishing!!

Wales Grand Slam 2012 - RBS 6 Nations Review [DVD]
Wales Grand Slam 2012 - RBS 6 Nations Review [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Record of a Great Championship, 20 April 2012
Having sat all through the Boys 2012 6 nations campaign, some of which was sat on the edge of the sofa counting down the dying minutes of some of the games I have to say that this DVD set captures the highs and the lows of this Grand Slam.

OK, so we don't get the full matches, but having seen them all when they happened there is more than enough to be able to relive the memories of each game. Also good to see that they dark moments are not air brushed out. Bradley Davis tip tackle on Donnacha Ryan in the Ireland game, Priestland's yellow and Halfpenny's (which I saw as I was there, and straight away knew that he was heading for the bin for that!) are all in there, as well as the tension of Strettle's non-try at Twickenham (one I thought might just have been given to be honest from what I saw!)

You get the joys of watching Welsh rugby at it's best working that ball slowly all the way down field, the obvious euphoria at the (so far) unique Triple Crown win when playing away at 'HQ' and the tension of that battling match against France...

The highlights as well as intelligent comments from Warren Gattlan, George North, Leigh Halfpenny and Sam 'The Captain' Warburton before and after each match.

I would say a must have for any Welsh fan who wishes to remember the 2012 campaign, and certainly a good watch for any rugby fan. A worth addition to any collection!

Banquet
Banquet

5.0 out of 5 stars The Message of the Gospel on one CD, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Banquet (MP3 Download)
I was lucky enough to see Graham and his band at the CVM Codelife Gathering where he introduced us to a few of the songs from Banquet, and I have to say there is just some wonderful spiritual music on this album. You can imagine that in a gathering of some 500 men at a christian conference that the anthemic Stand Up and I Know He Lives would go down well.. Great songs to sing as well as meaningful words.

But having bought the album following that event I find it goes so much deeper. Listen to Love Each Other, and you have the basic instruction to early christian church that still applies today. Banquet, talking of communion its self. And if you have stood in a church and said the creed, have a listen to Graham's musical version, one I can see being adopted in quite a few churches.

I found that most of the Gospel message and the instructions to the early churches is encompassed in this album. Weather your buying it because you like Graham's music, or you just want to add to your praise & worship collection, I would say reflect on the lyrics a while, and allow them to unlock the truth behind much of the christian faith, and certainly appreciate what a communicator Gramham actually is!

This is an album that should be in every believers collection!!

Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Jurgen Klinsmann? [Single]
Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Jurgen Klinsmann? [Single]
Offered by MOGWINDER

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Singalong Tune, 2 Jun. 2006
I'm affraid I'm with a certain Mr Evans,C on this one...

Its a terific catchy tune, I'm sure it will be heard up and down the country. I've played it on a couple of gigs now and the reaction has been awsome. Yes I know its not totaly PC in these times, but as a fun tune... I cant fault it.

And with 10p a go going to charity in memory of Sir Bobby, get behind it if that alone. I mean, if Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters are on board it cant be all bad now can it