Profile for D. Burton > Reviews

Content by D. Burton

D. Burton "newbe" (Kent, UK)

Every Day Is a Holiday
Every Day Is a Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea and very funny, 19 Feb. 2015
This is my 2nd George Mahood (maker of hoods) book and definitely not my last. I very much enjoy his writing style and descriptive prose (intentional or not). Reading this book is like catching up with my friends and sharing the slightly bewildering not sure why we do them stories as we have got older. There is an honesty in the story telling that is also very funny, mainly because I seem to think the same things.
As with Free Country, I want to take on a similar exercise and share these experiences with my friends.

Neewer Black HDMI Input To VGA Adapter Converter For PC Laptop
Neewer Black HDMI Input To VGA Adapter Converter For PC Laptop
Offered by MUDPIE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Internet on TV, 24 May 2013
A clever bit of kit to watch internet on your TV via your ipad. Also works with iphone for watching videos and photos.

NEWLink 4 Port USB 2.0 Self Powered Hub (N14320)
NEWLink 4 Port USB 2.0 Self Powered Hub (N14320)
Offered by SWEETS++

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi, 24 May 2013
I bought this for my Pi specifically to work with a wireless dongle. Very happy with this product, a good quality item.

iPhone 4 4S Strong ArmBand Case BLUE Cover For SPORTS GYM BIKE CYCLE JOGGING, Tie Phone With Your Arm - by KING OF FLASH
Offered by KING OF FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 24 May 2013
Brilliant bit of kit for the price. Feels safe and can see what I need to. Does need pressure for the touch screen through the plastic but not a major problem.

Black Tyre Tred Silicone Skin Case For Iphone3g/3gs with Screen Protector
Black Tyre Tred Silicone Skin Case For Iphone3g/3gs with Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for strong case, 15 Feb. 2011
Very happy, excellent value and tough design. Need to use a screen protector. Tyre design is very funky and a bit different from the norm.

The Glencairn Official Whisky Glass
The Glencairn Official Whisky Glass
Offered by Wineware

5.0 out of 5 stars Scoth Glass Perfection, 10 Aug. 2010
Very happy with the glass, I bought two for my best men and treated myself to one as well. Very impressed and does what it says on the tin.

Meditation For Dummies
Meditation For Dummies
by Stephan Bodian

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 17 May 2010
This review is from: Meditation For Dummies (Paperback)
I have come back to meditation following a few trials & errors with different books and theories. This book seems to bring everything together making sense of it all. The CD really helps to guide you on the right path. Would recommend this to beginners and those with some knowledge.

I am reading from start to finish but will be dipping in and out to keep me in the right direction when I have finished it. It's a bit more expensive than the other books I have bought on the subject but you do get comprehensive explanations and examples.