Profile for malika > Reviews

Every Woman For Herself
Every Woman For Herself
by Trisha Ashley

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
great book for the holidays

The Emotional Affair: How to Recognize Emotional Infidelity and What to Do About it
by Ronald T. Potter-Efron
Price: 10.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 27 Nov 2013
Once I'd read the book Not 'Just friends' and realised that my now ex's 'friendship' was more than what they were 'telling' me, I read this book and it also helped me to understand emotional infidelity.

It helps you to understand that emotional infidelity can be just as devastating, if not more so, than sexual infidelity. Why? because the person having the emotional affair uses deniability. They're not having sex, so how could you possibly think they're being unfaithful.

I personally found this book a great help, I could have just really done with one to help me to understand all the psychological and emotional abuse that I was enduring and the fact that it can lead to a form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder known as Conflict Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD).

I found this by Clinical Psychologist Dr Joseph M Carver PhD, 'Every victim of abuse experiences some, if not multiple, symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. Dr Carver wrote: During our period of abuse, the brain collects thousands of memories that contain details of our abusive experiences and the feelings (horror, terror, pain, etc.) made at that time. In what we call "traumatic recollection," any similar experience in the future will recall the emotional memory of the abuse, forcing us to relive the event in detail and feeling.’ Any form of abuse can lead to the victim suffering from PTSD.

I have also found other sites on the internet that give the symptoms of C-PTSD that I've found useful because there have been times I've had difficulty dealing with my emotions post divorce.

Not 'Just Friends': Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity After Infidelity
by Shirley Glass

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book, 27 Nov 2013
I was going through a tough time with my now ex. He kept telling me that I needed to be put away, I was mental and just too jealous because he wasn't having an affair, that they were 'just friends'. For me I found this book helpful to break through all his psychological and emotional abuse to realise that there was something going on and it wasn't 'just in my head'.

Fast forward a couple of years. We divorced, him telling me that no judge grants a divorce for an emotional affair, because no sex was involved. Well he was wrong!

Just because someone keeps denying they're having a sexual affair doesn't mean that they're not having an affair. This book helped me to read all the signs and for me, made me strong enough to take the appropriate steps. Oh, and yes he was having an affair and they are living together.

All I can say is that this book helped me to understand that what I was thinking was in fact true.

Teach Yourself Bookkeeping and Accounting in a Week
Teach Yourself Bookkeeping and Accounting in a Week
by Roger Mason
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Oct 2013
This book is a perfect addition to others. It helped me to understand the accounting processes quickly and easily which enabled me to complete my course.

Humped Me, Dumped Me: Why You Were F***** and Chucked and How To Bounce Back (Humour)
by Yasmin Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all, 9 Oct 2013
When you've gone through the rigours of divorce and eventually get back out there into the dating world, it's very easy to fall for the charm and in some cases the lies. This book helps you to understand what is going on and how to get over it so you can move on.

Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being
Bouncing Back: Rewiring Your Brain for Maximum Resilience and Well-Being
by Linda Graham
Price: 11.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Oct 2013
I found this book helpful whilst coping with divorce and all the negativity that it brings into our lives. Also very good for dealing with negative people in your life in general.

The Micro Expressions Book for Business: How to read facial expressions for more effective negotiations, sales and recruitment
by Kasia Wezowski
Price: 9.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my brother., 9 Oct 2013
My brother works in sales and I bought this for him so that he would be able to tell what interested people and what didn't without having to ask.

Eat to Live Cookbook: 200 Delicious Nutrient-Rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health
by Joel Fuhrman
Price: 17.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab cookbook, 9 Oct 2013
Having watched a tv programme I was interested in finding a recipe book that went along with what I'd seen. I didn't want to go so far as to juice all my vegetables and this book allows me to eat well.

Persuasion: The Art of Influencing People
Persuasion: The Art of Influencing People
by James Borg
Price: 6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for everybody, 9 Oct 2013
This is a great book, not just for influencing people but to see how people can influence you without you realising it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Carcinia Cambogia, 16 Aug 2013
Ok, well like everything else you need to diet to lose weight, this is not the miracle pill. It did however curb my appetite to allow me to stick to my diet. I did not experience the vast weight loss that the reviews on the internet give it.

Page: 1 | 2