Profile for Michael D > Reviews

The Maintenance of Headway
by Magnus Mills
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting little book, 11 Aug 2013
More like `Yes Minister' than `On the Buses'.
My father was a bus driver for many years and on school holidays I used to travel on his bus round and round the town...so I can relate to this book. But the book really reminds me of my time in the civil service; the inspectors & management have the same attitude to passengers as Whitehall has to the public. The writer just gets down to the facts in this little `novel' though I wouldn't want every book to be as sparse as this. But I think the subject matter is perfectly suited to the style.

A Lawyer Presents the Evidence for the Afterlife
A Lawyer Presents the Evidence for the Afterlife
by Victor Zammit
Price: 11.63

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comprehensive book on the subject, 9 May 2013
There are many books about the afterlife and life after death. Many take a religious view, while others are more "new age". This book is neither. It presents facts and details in abundance. I like the fact that scientists and secular rational researchers are emphasized, and it dispels the notion that the afterlife is just something religious types believe in. The evidence presented in this book is compelling and hard to put aside. After reading it is difficult not to come to the conclusion that the afterlife is objectively real.