Profile for M. D. Williams > Reviews

Content by M. D. Williams

M. D. Williams

Page: 1 | 2
Primrose 4.0m Mayfair Manual Awning, Ivory - Complete with Fittings and Winder Handle
Offered by Primrose

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality., 12 July 2015
This item is their budget model, and it shows. The quality is low, indeed the one I got I suspect is one thsat hasn't passed the quality checks to be sold on their own website. The 2 arms are not level and one is a lot more wobbly than the other. The tension in the unit is not enough to keep the fabric taut and off the arms when extended, particularly the arm that is less wobbly. Because of this lack of tension, when it rains, water pools up at the lower end in the middle. Also, when raining, the fabric is not completely waterproof and fine drops of water get through. My awning also arrived with many marks and creases to the fabric, which still show now after a month of being fitted.
When extended, my awning reaches a garden wall and I'm able to sucure the end of it in place and tighten the fabric by winding it back, but even doing that, all the problems previously described apply. Without that wall, this awning would be barely usable, it could not be left extended unattended for fear that anything more than light breeze would break it and certainly if it rained I'd be worried that the weight of water building up could damage the unit.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dewalt DCD795M1 18 V XR Brushless Compact Lithium-Ion Combi Drill
Dewalt DCD795M1 18 V XR Brushless Compact Lithium-Ion Combi Drill

4.0 out of 5 stars Great drill, slightly wobbly chuck., 17 Jun. 2015
Great drill apart from the lack of precision in the drill chuck which wobbles about a bit while drilling, resulting in less accurate holes. Great life from the 4Ah battery.

DeWalt DE0109 Set of 109 Screw Bits and Drill Bit Tips
DeWalt DE0109 Set of 109 Screw Bits and Drill Bit Tips

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy bits, 17 Jun. 2015
The posi head bits are made of cheese and don't last very long.

Bungee dog walking coupler for two dogs on one lead.
Bungee dog walking coupler for two dogs on one lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well enough., 17 Jun. 2015
Works well enough, takes some of the shock out of the lead.

Ancol Bungee Shock, 37 cm
Ancol Bungee Shock, 37 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well enough., 17 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Ancol Bungee Shock, 37 cm (Misc.)
Works reasonably well, takes some of the shock out of the lead. Small and light which is a good thing.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice, more horizontal than I was expecting, 17 Jun. 2015
It is a nice and comfy chair, although you end up more horizontal than I was expecting, but then it is a sun lounger so I guess that is to be expected, I imagined I would be able to choose to sit more upright if I wanted.

Although it does fold up somewhat, it is still a pretty large unit in that state and will take up quite a bit of space in your shed, especially if you have a few of them!

SanDisk SDSDQUN-128G-FFP-A Ultra Android microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 48 MB/s read FFP - 128 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., 17 Jun. 2015
It is working fine in my Microsoft surface pro 3. It is very noticeably slower than the internal ssd hard drive but that is to be expected I guess.

USB HUB 3.0 & card reader 4 in 1 for tablet Microsoft Surface Pro 4 / Pro 3 / Pro 2 / Pro, Surface 3 an and Surface 2
Offered by BIDUL & CO

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful on my surface pro 3, 17 Jun. 2015
This is a handy enough device for my on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It is a lot of money really for what it is, which is why only the 4 stars. It does cover the display port while in use, but I don't use that port, so not an issue for me.

Flexi Professional Lead, Giant, 10 m, Black
Flexi Professional Lead, Giant, 10 m, Black
Offered by BuyAllMeans

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lead there is., 17 Jun. 2015
This is the second one of these I've bought and they are fantastic. I have a very enthusiastic 30kg boxer dog who likes to test the robustness of the connective tissues in my arms by launching himself at full speed until he gets to the end of the 10m lead. Every other lead bought before these have died as a result, but not these!

Unfortunately, my arms though are now 18 feet long, hahaha.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, unreliable and provides very little heat., 17 Jun. 2015
Gave very little heat for the sort time it was working. There was some heat coming from it, but barely noticeable if you held your hand more than a meter away. Pointless really. Then after a few days, when I tried it again just to see if it really was so bad, it tripped the electric and when I tried it again, the same thing.

This is a very expensive product that is far, far less effective that the cheap Firefly heaters you can get for £30, 1 of which I've had for 15 years, left outside all year round and still works!

This product is not worth even 1 star.

Page: 1 | 2