Profile for Mr. K. H. Webber > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Essential Leonard Cohen
Essential Leonard Cohen

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential Leonard Cohen, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Essential Leonard Cohen (Audio CD)
An enjoyable album that portrays Leonard's unique vocal qualities to their best advantage. there are enough really good tracks on this to make the average listener more than happy.

The Fallon Pride
The Fallon Pride
by Reagan O'Neal

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fallon Pride by Reagan O'Neal (Robert Jordan), 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Fallon Pride (Hardcover)
This is the second in a short series of books about the Fallon’s. A well written book that keeps you interested from the word go but you must read The Fallon Breed first. Set in the earliest period of American history the story centres on an Irish immigrant and his son and their rise to prominence in Charlestown. The first book has already taken the reader through the American Revolution and this continues where the other left off and takes place around the 1812 War. Historical figures are woven into the story and the reader gets a good picture of what was going on at that time. The adventures do not limit themselves to America but transports the reader to North Africa and Europe. I cant wait to read the next! Wilbur Smith has a rival in Robert Jordan.

Tales of the Riverbank Theme (Andante in C)
Tales of the Riverbank Theme (Andante in C)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tales of the Riverbank Theme (Andante in C), 27 Feb 2014
I love this piece of music and listening to it takes me back to childhood and watching the adventures of the little creatures that lived down by the riverbank. Unfortunately it is much too short. When I put it on a disc at home I had to follow it up with a duplicate but even then it was not long enough.

Wrapping Paper
Wrapping Paper

4.0 out of 5 stars Wrapping Paper - Cream, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wrapping Paper (MP3 Download)
Anyone who likes the music of Cream will enjoy this record. This is one of their more laid back songs that take me back to my youthful days lazing in the grass on a pleasant summer’s day listening to cool music.

The Old Rugged Cross
The Old Rugged Cross

4.0 out of 5 stars The Old Rugged Cross, 27 Feb 2014
This is one of my favourite hymns and I was not disappointed with The Mariners interpretation. Well sung in good harmony and worth having in your collection.

Looking Back-30 Hits &
Looking Back-30 Hits &

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking Back-30 Hits & Favorites - The Browns, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Looking Back-30 Hits & (Audio CD)
A very good album that I enjoyed immensely. In the style of Daniel O Donnel and other Irish singers of his ilk the Browns show that Americans can do it just as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 10:58 AM BST

Classical Gas
Classical Gas

5.0 out of 5 stars Classical Gas, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Classical Gas (MP3 Download)
There is little that needs to be said about this great piece of music from the 60s. It's well known to my generation and I recommend it to all you youngsters of a more recent generation who should be introduced to good music!

Let It Be Me (Remastered)
Let It Be Me (Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Let It Be Me, 9 Feb 2014
Normally I find that records made famous by one artist are rarely as good when sung by someone else. This is not the case here and I loved Nina's interpretation of Let It Be Me. My ex used to like Nina's more brash and lively music while I have always preferred her ballads such as are to be found in Broadway Blue’s Ballad’s. She has a voice all of her own and uses it well in this song.

Four Walls
Four Walls

5.0 out of 5 stars Four Walls, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Four Walls (MP3 Download)
This is one of Jim’s best songs so that when I purchased a pretty complete album of his and found this missing I purchased it separately as this is almost a necessity for a good collection of his music.
If there are any strangers to Jim Reeves left out there then you must listen to the distinctive mellow tones of his voice to become an instant fan of his like me and my father before me.

The Browns, Vol. 3
The Browns, Vol. 3

5.0 out of 5 stars The Browns Vol 3, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Browns, Vol. 3 (MP3 Download)
If you enjoy harmony and Daniel O Donnell type music then this album is well worth adding to your collection.
I had never heard of The Browns until Spotify introduced me I am glad they did!
Excellent value for money with over thirty songs included.
One word of caution; if you are not keen on Jim Reeves type religious song such as In the Garden there are quite a number on the album. I do so this was just more enjoyment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3