Profile for Susan Dietz > Reviews

Content by Susan Dietz

Susan Dietz (Kent, WA USA)

Alfie
Alfie

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Alfie (Audio CD)
I'm a sucker for great male singing voices. I first found Michael Crawford performing Music of the Night at the Tonys; Michael Ball in Les Miz on PBS; and now Alfie Boe also performing in Les Miz on PBS and I'm hooked! I scrambled as fast as I could to see if Mr. Boe had released any CD's and I found Alfie Boe "Bring Him Home". That CD is wonderful and I've played it for everyone.

Now comes "Alfie", his newest release, and I love it just as much as the first. His rich, deep voice springs from the speakers on Maria, Being Alive and Music of the Night (which he sings with Michael Ball . . . and does a better job). In My Daughter's Eyes, Someone to Watch Over Me and Who Am I makes you want more and more. The only odd selection is Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas but, this was released in November so it is understandable and lovely to hear.

Which leads me to I hope he releases a Christmas album at some point. Listening to him sing O Holy Night would be glorious.

If you can't tell I'm stuck on Alfie Boe and, I think, once you listen yourself, you'll be stuck as well. Go out and get this wonderful CD. I believe you'll be pleased.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2012 5:20 PM BST