Profile for Dex > Reviews

Dex

The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor
The Bluebeards Revenge Shavette Razor

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality shavette, 17 Dec. 2012
This is my first shavette, and to be honest, I didn't know what to expect. I have seen my barber use one of these, but I never saw it in the stores. Well, I was curious and ordered one on amazon. I love it. It is really sharp, and I still haven't mastered the proper technique, but I managed to pull off an incredible shave. Don't get me wrong, the first times it won't be any better than a shave with a normal gilette or wilkinson or whatever you are in to, but I believe that once I learn how to handle it properly, the results will exceed the ordinary razors. Plus, I love the out-of-the-ordinary experience.
However, if you are the kind of person who needs to shave quickly every morning, I do not reccomend a shavette, as it requires more time to get a proper shave. But if from time to time you can afford yourself the thrill of an old school shave, this shavette is as good as any.

2Cellos
2Cellos

5.0 out of 5 stars Cello prodigies, 7 Jan. 2012
This review is from: 2Cellos (Audio CD)
This is an extraordinary duo. Their use of a classic instrument such as a cello is simply amazing: it's innovative, it's refreshing and it's good. Not for a moment did I peg any of the songs as a mere instrumental version, as their execution simply feels like it's not lacking anything. I highly recommend this album to, well, everyone who can appreciate music and is not as stiff as to only fanatically listen to one genre and dismiss everything else.

Annie Leibovitz at Work
Annie Leibovitz at Work
by Annie Leibovitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a photography enthusiast, 24 May 2011
I love photography and I love photo books. This however is not a photo book. Sure it has a lot of photos, but ultimately it is almost a conversation about photography with Annie Leibovitz. In one word, inspiring.