Profile for EDrinkall > Reviews

Muc-Off Dry Shower 50ml
Muc-Off Dry Shower 50ml
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for weekend camps and work commutes, 27 Jun 2014
I was slightly sceptical but decided to give this ago as Muc-Off have such a good reputation in the bike world.
After a week of using it after my bike commutes (short at only 6 miles) I'm very happy, you get a good foamy blob from each pump so it should be quite economical, it smells - and leaves me smelling nice and fresh, and there's no sticky weird feeling left on your skin. It even shifts the grease off my calf when I catch the chain on my bike!

Is It Just Me? (Kindle Enhanced Edition)
Is It Just Me? (Kindle Enhanced Edition)
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy some jollity in your day but beware it's enhanced but not for your kindle., 23 Jan 2013
I've not finished it yet but having made it to the designated "pit stop" I can say if you like Miranda on the telly that you will love this book. Or ebook or enhanced ebook. Actually more on the enhanced bit below:

However for those of you with a piece of shiny new technology in the form of a kindle fire hd, with which you're not quite familiar with yet, read the description of the enhanced ebook carefully.
It will only work on iPads iPhones etc and not, strangely the purpose built Amazon's own device which you plumped for!
This way you can avoid the mistake I made paying for videos I can't watch (unless I switch to my iPhone which is a kerfuffle - good word that, kerfuffle).
Anyway when I eventually found them, the videos are a interesting and amusing addition and I suspect work mainly because it's Miranda.
So if you have an Apple device or don't mind a bit of a what I call kindle kerfuffle, then give it a go, and have a giggle.

Complete Guide to British Wildlife (Collins Handguides)
Complete Guide to British Wildlife (Collins Handguides)
by Norman Arlott

5.0 out of 5 stars Old but never bettered!, 9 April 2010
I was given this book as a child and have used it over the last 15 years. It's dog eared, and full of flattened plant specimens now!
It's a great guide, the illustrations are preferable for me to photographs, as they seem to allow for the variation you see in individuals much better, giving a better ID.
I've bought quite a few other guides since receiving this one and I have to say for an all rounder there's no better! It's a sort of compact composite of the old illustrated Collins gem guides.
I love the size - which fits into a large camo pocket, or long rucksack pocket, and the front cover is of a durable (15 years and going), but flexible material.

The sections are:
Trees and climbers
Wild flowers
Waterweeds
Sedges, grasses and rushes
Lower plants and fungi
Mammals
Animal tracks (one of my favourite inclusions)
Birds
Other Vertebrates
Butterflies and Moths
Other invertebrates
The seashore
Farm crops and livestock
Glossary

Other reviews have mentioned how migratory species have become resident since this was printed, which is a fair point, but:

I really can't recommend this book highly enough - especially for families or children with an interest in the natural world.

If any one from Collins reads this, please update and reprint it - I haven't bought the 'new version' because it just can't touch this!
Oh and a short section on birds feathers would be nice - just for ones you often find eg mallard, pheasant, sparrowhawk, wood pidgeon etc.

Reef Womens GIRLS FANNING BROWN/PINK 9SR1626-BRP-37/38 5 UK
Reef Womens GIRLS FANNING BROWN/PINK 9SR1626-BRP-37/38 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and Durable, 9 Jan 2010
This review is from: Reef Women's Fanning 3 (Apparel)
Bought to replace a previous pair that had lasted 3 years. These went up the East Coast of Australia and into the Red Centre. Brilliantly comfortable and hard wearing my pair will have much more travelling to do before they're ready for retirement. Bottle opener is particularly handy in ill equipped hostels. Love them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2013 9:32 PM GMT

Reach for the Sky: Story of Douglas Bader, D.S.O., D.F.C. (CASSELL MILITARY PAPERBACKS)
by Paul Brickhill
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So good we're fighting to read it!, 9 Jan 2010
Bought as a Christmas present for my Dad. Previously I was vaguely familiar with Bader's story, but I read the first few chapters of this and my Dad and I are now having to share it! He reads a bit, I sneak a bit and then we discuss where we're upto and how remarkable the man was. A highly recommended read, will probably buy Barefoot Soldier to follow it.