Profile for EDrinkall > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Nalgene Bottle 'Everyday wide mouth' - 1 L, translucent-lime, stags head
Nalgene Bottle 'Everyday wide mouth' - 1 L, translucent-lime, stags head

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mountaineers and daily use, 24 Mar. 2015
Ideal for mountaineering trips, Nalgene's don't freeze like hydration tubes do I'm a convert.
Bought this design because of the colours and design - no mix ups with who's who. Will be buying a second one for longer trips.

Bingsale Adjustable Reflective Sports Gym Jogging Armband for iPhone 6 (iPhone 6 plus, Black)
Offered by BingSale Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit on everything but camera useage drawback, 19 Mar. 2015
Fits my I-phone 6 plus nice and snugly even with a bumper case fitted, and offers good protection from the elements and effective reflective detailing.
As a short petite lady I was happy to find the arm wrap has two options to fit (clever) so it fit comfortably, without being tight or rubbing. Having used it on runs upto 10 miles long now I'm very happy.
Only drawback is the camera access, I don't take many pictures but have to fold the top back to free the lens when there is a nice shot to take.
For the price would definitely recommend!

Shakespeare Agility Rise River Bag - Green
Shakespeare Agility Rise River Bag - Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend, 19 Mar. 2015
Bought as a gift for a friend, and I'll acknowledge its a low price point, but still the manufacturing processes were well below par. Lots of miss cut vinyl, overly long thread caught in other stitching and logo not straight. I was able to neaten the bag up with some careful trimming, and it will server purpose to get the catch home, but not appealing to look at! Jack Pyke bags can be bought at a similar price and much higher quality.

Nintendo 3DS XL Hard Pouch Alpha Sapphire - Kyogre
Nintendo 3DS XL Hard Pouch Alpha Sapphire - Kyogre
Offered by PROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for daily carry, 19 Mar. 2015
Great case offering adequate protection for transport (I've dropeed my new 3ds xl in it and its still 100% functional with no marks), without being bulky.
As mentioned it fits my new 3ds XL perfectly and looks great as it matches the midnight blue. So far graphic on front is lasting well with daily carry/commute, with no wear. Space for 3 games, plus one in your machine and nice soft lining.
You can't ask for more really!

House of Marley Midnight Ravers In-Ear Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Sun
House of Marley Midnight Ravers In-Ear Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Sun
Offered by Trusted-Goods

2.0 out of 5 stars Great all rounders at this price. Then broke, 19 Mar. 2015
Great set of ear buds, love the colours!
Bought to replace a set of similar headphones (skull candy) that weren't upto daily life (running cycling and general useage), these are noticeably more user friendly as the cord tangles much less and is much quicker to undo. The sturdy cord wrap, and narrow jack for my iphone 6 are great design features, and after a week so far I'm hopeful these will survive more than the 3 months of my last set.
General sound profile is good to me, I listen to a wide variety from podcasts to rock to reggae and for the price these deliver above what yopu'd expect, maybe a little out with the treble/bass but not noticeable if you're multitasking!
LOVE that these are environmentally friendly and ethically sourced materials - mining for rare minerals and timber sourcing are major threats to global ecology, these are well priced considering this too!

UPDATE - after writing this review one side has stopped working! returning as faulty.

Samsung SSG-51002 Battery Operated 3D Active Glasses (Pack of 2) (New for 2013)
Samsung SSG-51002 Battery Operated 3D Active Glasses (Pack of 2) (New for 2013)
Offered by V-BASKET

5.0 out of 5 stars Work quickly and easily with our Panasonic Vierra Tx-042 series 3D tv, 6 Sept. 2014
Work quickly and easily with our Panasonic Vierra Tx-042 series 3D tv, at a fraction of the cost. Great for visiting guests to use, at a great price.

Muc-Off Dry Shower 50ml
Muc-Off Dry Shower 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for weekend camps and work commutes, 27 Jun. 2014
I was slightly sceptical but decided to give this ago as Muc-Off have such a good reputation in the bike world.
After a week of using it after my bike commutes (short at only 6 miles) I'm very happy, you get a good foamy blob from each pump so it should be quite economical, it smells pleasantly of coconut- and leaves me smelling nice and fresh, and there's no sticky weird feeling left on your skin. It even shifts the grease off my calf when I catch the chain on my bike!

Is It Just Me?
Is It Just Me?

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy some jollity in your day but beware it's enhanced but not for your kindle., 23 Jan. 2013
I've not finished it yet but having made it to the designated "pit stop" I can say if you like Miranda on the telly that you will love this book. Or ebook or enhanced ebook. Actually more on the enhanced bit below:

However for those of you with a piece of shiny new technology in the form of a kindle fire hd, with which you're not quite familiar with yet, read the description of the enhanced ebook carefully.
It will only work on iPads iPhones etc and not, strangely the purpose built Amazon's own device which you plumped for!
This way you can avoid the mistake I made paying for videos I can't watch (unless I switch to my iPhone which is a kerfuffle - good word that, kerfuffle).
Anyway when I eventually found them, the videos are a interesting and amusing addition and I suspect work mainly because it's Miranda.
So if you have an Apple device or don't mind a bit of a what I call kindle kerfuffle, then give it a go, and have a giggle.

Complete Guide to British Wildlife (Collins Handguides)
Complete Guide to British Wildlife (Collins Handguides)
by Norman Arlott

5.0 out of 5 stars Old but never bettered!, 9 April 2010
I was given this book as a child and have used it over the last 15 years. It's dog eared, and full of flattened plant specimens now!
It's a great guide, the illustrations are preferable for me to photographs, as they seem to allow for the variation you see in individuals much better, giving a better ID.
I've bought quite a few other guides since receiving this one and I have to say for an all rounder there's no better! It's a sort of compact composite of the old illustrated Collins gem guides.
I love the size - which fits into a large camo pocket, or long rucksack pocket, and the front cover is of a durable (15 years and going), but flexible material.

The sections are:
Trees and climbers
Wild flowers
Waterweeds
Sedges, grasses and rushes
Lower plants and fungi
Mammals
Animal tracks (one of my favourite inclusions)
Birds
Other Vertebrates
Butterflies and Moths
Other invertebrates
The seashore
Farm crops and livestock
Glossary

Other reviews have mentioned how migratory species have become resident since this was printed, which is a fair point, but:

I really can't recommend this book highly enough - especially for families or children with an interest in the natural world.

If any one from Collins reads this, please update and reprint it - I haven't bought the 'new version' because it just can't touch this!
Oh and a short section on birds feathers would be nice - just for ones you often find eg mallard, pheasant, sparrowhawk, wood pidgeon etc.

Reef Womens GIRLS FANNING BROWN/PINK 9SR1626-BRP-37/38 5 UK
Reef Womens GIRLS FANNING BROWN/PINK 9SR1626-BRP-37/38 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and Durable, 9 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Reef Women's Fanning 3 (Apparel)
Bought to replace a previous pair that had lasted 3 years. These went up the East Coast of Australia and into the Red Centre. Brilliantly comfortable and hard wearing my pair will have much more travelling to do before they're ready for retirement. Bottle opener is particularly handy in ill equipped hostels. Love them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2013 9:32 PM GMT