Profile for pedro > Reviews

Smith: The Complete Series [DVD]
Smith: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian Ramsey

5.0 out of 5 stars NABBED DAN NEWGATE GAOL..FOR ME SINS LIKE., 19 Sep 2014
READING the other reviews,and also the general lack of INFORMATION OF THE LIFE AND SAD PASSING OF SMITH-IAN RAMSEY,(THE WHY,WHAT, AND HOW,) made this a must see.the opening credits has the boy smith run towards thee like a ghost bless my soul kind sir,it took my breath away...it really did! .A good story that takes you to the last episode.As is stated elsewhere its dated and wordy and....well it don't matter do it??for it be a fine watch for in truth adults more than poor wretched waif.....loved it....come on someone put us out our misery...what happened to the fella? last time i were in gravesend, i were shocked to find the grave of pochahontis! (yes me ducks that one) and if i ever their again i will pay my respects to the great IAN RAMSEY. DVD VIA AMAZON .U.K.

Everton - The Official History [DVD]
Everton - The Official History [DVD]
Dvd ~ Everton Fc
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars DIXIE LAND AND ALL THAT JAZZ!......... HISTORY OF EVERTON F.C., 12 Sep 2014
This is a superb history about a club that history dvd's were made for. HAVING READ about the ALEX SANDY YOUNG story i was hoping for a little mention.Just something about Goodison Park pre 1980 that is my number 1 stadium. ITS FUNNY WHEN YOU THINK LIVERPOOL FC ARE NOT NOT REALLY THE GOOD GUYS!!..AND THE HISTORY OF THE RED HALF OF THE CITY DID NOT REALLY START UNTIL SIR BILL! (IKNOW THATS NOT TRUE BUT THIS IS FOR EVERTONIANS) maybe the lesson learned is the devil looks after his own.I CAN'T THINK of an everton hero I DIDN'T LIKE.its very moving at the end and in ALAN BALL THE PASSION OF THE GUY MOVED ME TO TEARS! I HAVE SAID IN MY REVIEWS SEVERAL TIMES AND HAVING HAD THE CHANCE TO WATCH HIM AT THE DELL.. I DON'T THINK I HAVE LOVED ANY PLAYER AS MUCH! The club and crowd is all about passion, and the highs and lows of the club, the superb film of the like of DIXIE DEAN AND INTERVIEWS WITH ALL THE GREATS FLY QUICKLY AND I WAS GOING TO WATCH A LITTLE BIT DAY BY DAY, BUT THIS DVD IS SO GOOD 2 HOURS ARE GONE AND ITS OVER. I'M just a football fan and for history lovers,and evertons early history is so interesting and the sight of liverpool 1966 with celebrations of v.e.day proportions make this great value and a must see/pick me up for old cynics and youngsters alike.

Arsenal FC Match of the 70s (The Big Match) [DVD]
Arsenal FC Match of the 70s (The Big Match) [DVD]
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars A SONG FOR BLOODY ARSENAL 1971!, 6 Sep 2014
I RETURN TO AN ERA when arsenal were the last team I wanted to see.with an influence of a gunner supporting Grandad as a football role model, WHICH should have led me to follow suit this dvd reminds me of why i just couldn't warm to north london's finest.EVEN BRIAN MOORE.SUMMED IT UP...NOT GREAT BUT HARD TO BEAT....BUT in recent years i have found a certain respect for players who were always painted black.FIRST UP GEORDIE ARMSTRONG,ALSO RADFORD AND STOREY! THOUGH ONE OF MY ALL-TIME GREATS ALAN BALL DID NOT NEED TO WIN ME OVER WHAT A PLAYER!..LOVED THE INTERVIEWS ON HERE....IN PARTICULAR BIG MAL ON DEFENCE!!!THEY SHOULD DICTATE WHERE FORWARDS GO!!!!!GOD KNOWS WHAT HE WOULD MAKE OF LA LIGA????CHECK OUT BARCA V ELCHE OPENINING GAME 2014,OR SEVILLA V BARCA LAST SEASON...FUNNY HOW THE LIKE OF IRAN FOLLOWED MALS ADVICE V ARGENTINA IN THE WORLD CUP!!!..ANYWAY THE MOST SHOCKING THING IS ARSENAL FANS SEARCH FOR A SONG PRIOR TO THE 1971 CUP FINAL,IF THE MEDIA EVER SUPPORTED ONE TEAM BRIAN MOORE SUMS UP ALL I THOUGHT ABOUT HIM AND THE LONDON BIG MATCH BACK IN THE DAY!!FOR SOME REASON AND MAYBE I'M PARANOID BUT TEAMS FROM THE STICKS WERE PATTED ON THE HEAD AND AS LONG AS THEY DIDN'T OVER STEP THE MARK THEY WERE TOLERATED!!!YES I NOW REMEMBER WHY I BLOODY HATE ARSENAL!!!!BUT DON'T LET ME PUT YOU OFF BECAUSE LIKE ALL THE BIG MATCH SERIES ITS SUPERB TO SEE THE GLORIOUS HIGHBURY AND UPTON PARK CAKED IN MUD AND GREAT NAMES AND CROWD WATCHING!!!!COMING OUT OF ARSENAL STATION AS AN AWAY FAN TOOK SOME BEATING, WITH ALL THOSE SOUVENIR STALLS,AND THE SMELL OF ONIONS...MAGIC!!!OH AND LIAM BRADY...NOW YOUR TALKING.ARSENAL BIG MATCH GREAT DVD VIA AMAZON UK.

The Keeper [DVD]
The Keeper [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steven Seagal
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars MY BROTHER'S KEEPER!, 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Keeper [DVD] (DVD)
This was for my brother-in-law, a Steven SegaL Oficionado.This entertaining tale is not in Bucharest ROMANIA (AS TOLD ON THE BOX?????but good ole Texas???.That said although not my usual fare, you got to give it to the man he is great at what he does. Arms twisted this way and that,even a neck turning full circle...(not a bucket in sight JOE P!!!!)THE FILM IS OVER BEFORE YOU CAN SAY YES SIR- NO SIR(he's very polite is MR SEGAL!) AND should you happen to cross the old fella I suggest you are to.GREAT FILM -GREAT PRICE .VIA AMAZON U.K.

Hine - The Complete Series [DVD]
Hine - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barrie Ingham

5.0 out of 5 stars THE POUNDLAND GUN SHOP! =HINE!, 5 Sep 2014
The head of British arms company PENDLES SAYS 'This company was founded in 1801, and in my office i still have a cannonball that was fired at the LIGHT BRIGADE FIRED FROM ONE OF OUR OWN GUNS'! If you put to one side the works of Machiavelli with the complex darkness that is the arms industry, the shenanigans of this series is of high quality (though only 3 episodes are in colour).The acting superb and storylines are very interesting. BARRY INGHAM,COLIN GORDON,PAUL EDDINGTON ARE GREAT AS the ANTI-HERO'S in a world that before and since never fails to baffle and though 1971 is a lifetime away,the theme is as fresh as cordite up your nostrils old bean! GREAT INTRO,AND THE FASHIONS AS ASTOR'S GIRL FRIDAY SAY'S ARE GEAR! HINE DVD VIA AMAZON U.K.

Rogue's Rock - Series 1 [DVD]
Rogue's Rock - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Clive Morton

5.0 out of 5 stars PRICELESS TREASURE?????BUT GOOD FUN!, 3 Sep 2014
AS I AM FINDING OUT,the output from southern tv was vast, and rogue's rock is a nice little series.I do recall this as a child and the mix of island folk against the world + navy +cadets+interesting characters and story make this IDEAL FOR YOUNG AND OLD..I like the element of slapstick and folk tales supported by commander rogue (clive morton).and his merry band of helpers.I LOOK FORWARD TO SERIES 2 AND 3.MADE BETWEEN 1974-76.THOSE HOT SUMMERS OF CHILDHOOD!!!!! VIA AMAZON .U.K.

Got, Not Got: Derby County: The Lost World of Derby County
Got, Not Got: Derby County: The Lost World of Derby County
by Derek Hammond

5.0 out of 5 stars RAMS GIRLS-RAMTIQUE-AND ROGER DAVIES!....R.I.P.JEFF BOURNE, 28 Aug 2014
Back when you'd read the rams newspaper from afar, you'd see the advert for Ramtique and marvel and wonder at all the goodies sold inside.scarves with pictures of the team,pennants,not to mention denim patches with slogans the like of slade made famous! and lets not forget the rosette grandad-dad-next door neighbour, bought you on your first visit to the match.Now for me topps cards were my era and to see players young, wearing shirts and hair and shirts most kids wanted to copy in the playground or over the rec,kicking a orange football you thought came from wembley and in a strong wind looked like it wanted to return their! got not got is about an era WE ALL SHARED THE SAME INTEREST NEAR AND FAR...TV..SPORT..COMEDY..IS MASS CHOICE SO MUCH BETTER? ARE WE HAPPIER?...WHEN READING THESE GREAT TRIPS INTO SELF-INDULGENT LUST,I THINK I KNOW THE ANSWER...ANY CHANCE OF A STOKE CITY BOOK WITH THE FAMOUS BOURNE SPORTS? OR SOUTHAMPTON??AND WHAT ABOUT A LOWER LEAGUE BOOK???WORKINGTON,SOUTHPORT,BARROW,BRADFORD PARK AVENUE...THAT WOULD BE SMASHING!!!!! VIA AMAZON UK

Adam Smith - The Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Adam Smith - The Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew Keir

5.0 out of 5 stars DARK AND SPIRITUAL DOWN AT THE KIRK!, 24 Aug 2014
ANDREW KEIR GIVES A FINE PERFORMANCE, as scottish kirk minister ADAM SMITH.I can only imagine that this was on in the afternoon back in the day,It reminded me of those awful new years eve programmes at my grans little back to back alwAys jimmy shand type music and dance.in a room with little light and bloody freezing...how i wanted to get first footing out the way!!!this could put you off right away for its very very bleak, BUT in twelve episodes it drags you along with some very interesting characters and storylines...TOM CONTI AND SENSATIONAL BRIGIT FORSYTH,NOT TO MENTION NUTTY AS A FRUITCAKE JANET MUNRO AS ELIZABETH CRICHTON.....THE SPEECH BY ADAM SMITH IN EPISODE 12 SHOULD BE UPLOADED BY SOMEONE????ITS WHAT THE WORLD SHOULD HEAR IN 2014!!!CAN'T WAIT FOR SERIES 2.....AND FOR 70S SERIES FANS ITS WORTH A CRACK..FROM AMAZON .U.K.

Valentine Joe
Valentine Joe
by Rebecca Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars ON FLANDERS FIELDS A DOG BARKED!!!..ROCK ON TOMMY!, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Valentine Joe (Paperback)
A BEAUTIFUL-YET TRAGIC TALE OF TIME TRAVEL-WAR AND IT HAS TO BE SAID JUST THE RIGHT DOSE OF SPIRITUALISM.So many books in the teenage/young reader market for me as someone of middle years are superb,and like much of childrens tv drama blow away anything i am meant to watch and read!....I DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANYTHING AWAY BUT IF YOU LOVE A BIT OF ROMANCE!!!AND TO THINK REBECCA STEVENS HAS WRITTEN THIS FANTASTIC STORY OF JUST 150 PAGES,WHEN SO MANY AUTHORS TRY AND FAIL AFTER SEVERAL HUNDRED..MAKE VALENTINE JOE A LITTLE CLASSIC..AND WITH A BIT OF LUCK CBBC WILL DO THE RIGHT THING AND TURN THIS INTO A FILM!!!LOVED IT...VIA AMAZON U.K.

Son of My Father: Me, My Dad and Derby County
Son of My Father: Me, My Dad and Derby County
by Craig Trembirth

5.0 out of 5 stars FATHER DEAR FATHER!, 20 Aug 2014
1979 like the author,was my first introducton to derby county.only they were the away team to my team southampton.the thing that sticks in my memory was that along with manchester city derby fans sang for the whole second half over and over to the tune of rod stewarts i am sailing...we are derby..super rams...and from that moment i've always thought like city, derby were special!!!the other things from that day...derby won 2-1,and terry curran who a few days earlier scored the goal that sent saints to wembley was getting dogs abuse!!!now why am banging on about me...well like this sincere and heartfelt book..my own father like craigs pointed out to me something i'd never thought of, being a rose-tinted fan...that fans can be very fickle!!!for CRAIGS DAD IS THE HERO OF THIS STORY AND THIS BOOK IS FOR ANY FAN OR NON FAN..WHO CAN PUT THE RESULT OF THEIR CHOSEN TEAM TO ONE SIDE,AND SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE!!THAT IN THE END FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT REALLY MATTER IN THIS LIFE...despite what certain outlets of media will have you believe...via amazon uk

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20