ARRAY(0xa3d349b4)

Profile for J. Chamberlain > Reviews

Content by J. Chamberlain

J. Chamberlain

Footprints in the Sand (Mills & Boon Heartwarming)
Footprints in the Sand (Mills & Boon Heartwarming)
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 Jan 2014
This story wasn't at all what I was expecting as it goes against many of the convention of Harlequin romance novel. But I really loved it! It's a beautiful, evocative read, full of emotion with a totally unpredictable and riveting plot. I was gripped from the first page and couldn't put it down. Will definitely by the next Heartwarming story Eleanor writes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Sep 2013
I struggled to find a wall planter that wasn't too big. This is very compact, fits the 14" gap between my front door and canopy board. nicely --filled with Bizzie Lizzies and looks great.

Riggs Premium Brushed Cotton Sheets - Double Fitted WHITE, flannelette
Riggs Premium Brushed Cotton Sheets - Double Fitted WHITE, flannelette

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 3 Jan 2013
Nice thick sheets and excellent quality. Very pleased with purchase, especially as the nights have been so very cold and I don't have central heating.

NEW Henley Range 6 Drawer White Cabinet / Storage Chest with Rattan Basket Drawers

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely piece of furniture, 3 Jan 2013
I bought this as extra storage for my white and cream kitchen. Looks lovely and feels very sturdy. Takes up far less space than a dresser.

Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance
Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 1 Oct 2012
I held off buying this book for a while because it was described as a primer, an entry level aid and I thought it might be a bit basic. Wrong!

When I bought it I soon realised that it's not just for the beginner writer but offers fantastic advice for any level of experience. I love Liz's romance novels and the great thing is she explains (using excerpts from her own books as examples) exactly how to come up with a compelling, emotional read.

It's great value for money and if I'd realised just how good it was I'd have bought it much sooner. I hope there will be more writing books from Liz - if so, they'll be an automatic buy for me .

Writing for Emotional Impact
Writing for Emotional Impact
by Karl Iglesias
Price: 11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Aug 2012
This book is just brilliant. It explains in detail how to grab the reader's attention and not let it go ie how to create conflict, tension, curiosity... how to avoid predicabilty and cliche and much much more It's written in a very readable style and gives examples to illustrate all the great tips and advice.

An excellent book for any type of writer. Offers lots lots of advice and techniques not covered in many of the other how-to-write books on the market.

Well worth the money. I bought the Kindle edition for my PC as it was much cheaper but I took so many notes while reading it that I began to wish I'd bought the paper version so I could highlight all the great advice and come back to it again and again.

The Chemistry of Reading - Arousing your Reader
The Chemistry of Reading - Arousing your Reader
Price: 1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 24 July 2012
A great book for romance writers. It explains exactly how to give the reader a compelling read and have her coming back for more.
The first half of the book (the science part) should maybe have been condensed a little (I found myself skim-reading this) but once Nikki moved on to the 'toolkit' she really had my interest. Brilliant advice on creating that all-important emotional punch. (something Nikki's own romance novels have in abundance -- especially 'Their Newborn Gift' Dec 2010) I thoroughly recommend this book and hope more writing books will follow.

Second-Guessing Fate
Second-Guessing Fate
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 9 Oct 2011
A fast-paced, enticing story with loveable, intriguing characters.

Gemma has practically given up on men when her best friend drags her along to a fortune teller to find out what lies in store in their love lives. The redoubtable Madam Hooch predicts that Gemma's Prince charming will come long very soon, but not until Gemma has been dumped. (The next man she dates will break her heart and Gemma has to let this happen in order to meet her soul mate)
So when the hero Nick shows up, Gemma is convinced he's the one thing standing between her and true love. To speed things up she wants to dump him, but her friend manages to convince her that she can't do this--it might corrupt the fate line. So she tries to make him dump her --- only no matter how badly Gemma behaves, Nick refuses to break up with her.

A fun and entertaining read.