Profile for katie's mummy > Reviews

Walking Disaster
Walking Disaster
Price: 3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good..., 4 July 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
When I started reading this second book, I didn't realise it was going to be exactly the same story, told from Travis' point of view and I was a little miffed, but eventually thought it was an incredibly cheeky, but good idea and all credit to Jamie! There are large chunks of the book that are exactly the same as 'Beautiful Disaster', but enough new material for it not to matter, in fact I found myself getting really caught up in their story despite knowing how it ended - bizarre! If you've read Beautifu Disaster I would definitely recommend reading this one, it makes you fall in love with Travis even more... reading things from his point of view seems so much more romantic because...bless him... he completely wears his heart on his sleeve where Pidge is concerned and it just makes you melt. Think we all need a Travis Maddox in our lives (hell even his name is hot) x

Grannicks Bitter Apple Spray 8 oz
Grannicks Bitter Apple Spray 8 oz
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The highs & lows of owning a labradooble..., 18 Jun 2013
I read loads of reviews before settling for this product and I was genuinely hopeful for my third set of Next cushions. I sprayed the latest set and allowed them to dry before displaying them nicely on the sofas. Initially, our Labradoodle Hettie didn't go anywhere near them, then she would pick them up and drop them on the floor to lie on (not sure whether the spray made her drop them or not). However, approx 4 weeks later I came down to find our front room looking like an explosion in a stuffing factory. The spray had obviously either lost its potentsy or the urge to chew had just gotten the better of her. This is why I've given it 3 stars, I think it possibly does work, but only if you keep re-spraying (it might even say that on the bottle, to be honest I haven't read it). Oh well, 1 cushion down 5 to go!

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful 1)
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful 1)
by Jamie McGuire
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Rollercoaster..., 18 Jun 2013
I must admit I was a little worried I'd be too old to enjoy this book, after all its more than a few years since I left Uni, but... I found myself so wrapped up in the characters my age didn't come into it, in fact if anything it took me back to my free and single days when we all went through such teenage angst! I totally lived these characters, I was scared for Travis when he lost it and hurt for Pidge when he messed up. I loved this book for what it was (a love conquers all story) and for what it wasn't (just explicit sex scenes). I fully intend buying the follow up book (Walking Disaster), I've only read the extract here on Amazon and it had me crying within a few pages. All in all... definitely worth reading. Love you Travis x

Chloe's Closet: Super Best Friends [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Chloe's Closet: Super Best Friends [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Artist Not Provided
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 3.72

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if I should have known this or not..., 30 May 2013
My youngest daughter absolutely loves Chloes' Closet so I was so pleased when i found this DVD on Amazon UK. I ordered it in plenty of time for Christmas and must admit I didn't check the product before I wrapped it up. She was utterly devestated when we tried to play the disk and discovered it doens't play on European DVD players. I know the description mentions Region 1, but I hadn't a clue what it refered to. Chalked it up to experience, but will definitely be weary of ordering DVD's in the future.

The Edge of Never
The Edge of Never
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I got fed up half way through..., 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
This book is less than exciting, in fact I still haven't finished it, despite having nothing else to go on to. Its just my simple opinion, others may disagree, but I like to give an honest review.

Claim Me (Stark Trilogy 2)
Claim Me (Stark Trilogy 2)
by J. Kenner
Price: 7.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved, loved, loved this book..., 30 May 2013
I read the first of the Stark Trilogy books in a matter of weeks, which is incredibly quick for me, but I actually think I read this one in a matter of days, I just couldn't put it down, literally reading at every available opportunity, including whilst the kids played in the bath! This second book definitely doesn't disappoint and is just as hot as the first. I love how the relationship between Damien and Nikki develops but definitely didn't anticipate the book ending as it did (won't spoil the plot though). I can't wait for the last book, I just have to know what happens...
Before I go I just have to moan about the MAJOR NEGATIVE in the fact that there is such a long wait inbetween books. I find it really annoying and its something I wish these authors would take into consideration. What if Macdonald's worked on this principle... Fillet-O-fish on Monday, fries on Tuesday and milkshake on Wednesday... we just wouldn't stand for it... so why should we accept here!!!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., 30 May 2013
Read 100's of reviews before deciding to purchase this sofa bed, as opposed to a futon. Ordered it due to all the men raving about its suitability for their man caves lol! Completely underestimated just how big it is, in fact its ridiculously big and cumbersome. I personally don't think its that comfortable or that nice looking, but my step-daughter has slept on it and didn't have any complaints, so I suppose that's the main thing. Does squeak a bit too!!!

Start Your Business Week by Week
Start Your Business Week by Week
by Steve Parks
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Really easy to read and understand..., 30 May 2013
I'm only a few weeks into this, but its simply style makes it easy to read and its full of lots of little hints and tips that make real sense. I hope it continues as the material gets more in depth.

Gardman Solar Wind Chime Garden Light
Gardman Solar Wind Chime Garden Light
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tranquile..., 15 April 2013
I bought this as a present for my dad's birthday, as his previous one gave up the ghost. Its a really lovely piece and has a nice peaceful sound, not tinny or offensive and the addition of the globe is really lovely. I only purchased one, but they would look really lovely dotted around a garden hanging from branches etc.

Suck UK Bungee Bird Feeder
Suck UK Bungee Bird Feeder
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..., 15 April 2013
This review is from: Suck UK Bungee Bird Feeder (Misc.)
I saw these advertised during an episode of 'Something for the Weekend' (as it was) and thought they were a really fun idea. My dad enjoys enticing the birds into his garden and this was just so different from anything else I'd seen. He loved it too and so did the birds. Bit expensive to be a regular purchase but a lovely gift idea for a bird lover.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3