ARRAY(0xac23f514)

That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between
That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between
by Victoria Beckham

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be a fan, not anymore., 21 Nov 2006
This book was very disappointing, to say the least. I admit that I am one of the biggest Posh fans there is, for the past 10 years no, and know so much about her it's sickening and embarassing. So when this book came up, I pre-ordered it and waited for it in the mail. I was so disappointed after reading it, I went through it in about a week. I admit I couldn't even read her jibber jabber, which is written as if it were a magazine article - good in short spurts, but it IS a BOOK for goodness sakes! You can only read it for about 10 minutes before your head starts hurting at all the nonsense you've read.

The brand name dropping is also senseless and rather unecessary. Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, Christian Loubutin, Louis Vuitoon, etc, etc, but remember you can also shop at Top Shop on High Street! This is repeated on every single page of this book. Discussing her baby clothes, Dior, Burberry, it's all rather cute, but again, impractical and frivolous. Not for the average person.

This guide is for someone who is RICH and would like to dress like Victoria. Thanks for letting me know that I should wear SPF in my moisturizer. Things like this I really didn't need to read.

The basics of this book are good points, make sure everything fits you well, ask your mom, sister, kids, husband, friends, and anyone else you know how you look in it, just to be SURE that you look good. Other than that, it's mainly about wearing "clean lines" and only show your bra under shirts in a "dolce and gabbana" kind of way.

Too bad, I used to love her, now I can't stand her brand name obsessive life. She tries SO hard to be a "friend" to you, but really, it's the kind of friend you don't need.