Profile for Gerald > Reviews

Content by Gerald

Gerald "Gerald" (Cork, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Against
Against
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a good one, 3 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Against (Audio CD)
Never really gave this a good listen and now that I have I cant figure out why! Maybe its the ipod world we live in now where albums must draw your instant attention! I think this album is a great effort. Nice heavy tracks on here which is what I wanted in Sepultura! One of two fillers but overall a great effort and a good start for what was the new frontman Derrick. Standout tracks for me are "Choke" and "Floaters in mud". It really is a grower album and I think well worth a listen.

The Murder Murder Kill Kill (Double Ep)
The Murder Murder Kill Kill (Double Ep)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 13 Sept. 2012
Its not Necro's finest but it is a good album. Some great tracks on here, Toxsik Waltz, Sharon's Fetus, Tough Jew are probably the top 3 tracks. One or two fillers but that may just be my taste. If you like Necro (like I do) you will like this album. Production is top notch. Lyrics are exactly what you expect. There is also a Jewish "hook" on the track Rabbi Holding Guns and it is awesome. Didnt think it could work but its sweet. Overall a good album from Necro but not his best. Album is short but quality over quantity. Necro fans will not be disappointed. If you are new to Necro I suggest you try his album "I Need Drugs" as a starter album as that is what got me in to his work and I am a Necro fan now!

Resurrection
Resurrection

5.0 out of 5 stars Their best album, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Resurrection (Audio CD)
Yes it is quite simply their best album! Amazing pummelling drums, thrashing guitar riffs and overall an excellent metal album. In my opionion it is better than "Impossibilty" and that says it all. Truly magnificent work from the opening track to the very end. Not one filler in sight. I love this album and it will get many plays in the future!

Bacdafucup (1993)
Bacdafucup (1993)
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Bacdafucup (1993) (Audio CD)
Excellent old school hip hop. A masterpiece in its day that still holds it own. Some tracks have faded over time but they still have some bangers on here. Best of the lot from Onyx

Pray For Villains
Pray For Villains

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Pray For Villains (Audio CD)
1st off I haven't got all of Devildrivers albums but I have Fury, Last Kind Words & this cd. This is without a doubt my favourite so far. 1st listen thought it was ok but on 2nd listen the tracks kept growing on me. Now I love this album. Nice and heavy, good riffs and some catchy sing a long bits. On first listen they are not catchy but they grow on you like a virus! I highly recommemnd this to album. Its a modern masterpiece. Stand out tracks for me are Pray For Villians, I've been sober and Another Night in london. All excellent tracks on the album but these 3 stand out for me. I'm a big Slayer fan and I needed some metal bands to keep me entertained and DD are there to fill the void. Keep it up! Now to buy beast.......

Die
Die

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a few listens....., 16 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Die (Audio CD)
At first listen I was not impressed at all. The cd seemed to be over before it even got going but after a few listens I really got in to this album. My favorite by Necro so far is I Need Drugs (best sampling/cover of LL's song I ever heard!) but Die is still a very good album. Necro will not appeal to everyone but his lyrics are fast, funny and most of all free flowing. Give Die a few listens and you will like it. Stand out tracks include Hey Now (catchy chorus that you will find yourself repeating like I'm doing now!!), The As*hole Anthem (very good lyrics, catchy chorus and great back up singing!) and probably my favourite track First Blood. First Blood is amazing. One of the best tracks I've heard in a long while. In fact buy the track First Blood as a download and you will see how good it is. The album itself is good but these are the main 3 stand out tracks. If you are new to Necro, I would recommend listening to the samples on amazon 1st or buying the cd I Need Drugs - that is the album that got me listening to Necro and I havn't looked back. EDit - After a few more listens there are even more stand out tracks and I changed the rating to 5. This is a must have cd for underground hip hop heads. One or two fillers but even they are ok. Recommended.

Reign In Blood
Reign In Blood
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ever, 4 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Reign In Blood (Audio CD)
Quite simply it is the best ever thrash metal album ever. Fast guitars, excellent lyrics, pounding drums etc etc. It is SLAYER at their best. They are the best of all time and they have never sold out, just kept giving us what we wanted! SLAYER RULE. No one better and there never will be!!!!

VARIOUS/ SESSIONS  GREEN VELVET VS CAJM
VARIOUS/ SESSIONS GREEN VELVET VS CAJM

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan, 23 Feb. 2011
I bought this as I like Green Velvets hard hitting house. I like his alter ego Cajmere (his techno album is brilliant!) but I prefer Green Velvet. I'm not a big fan of Ministry of Sound cds so maybe I should have known better myself. I think this is kinda cheesy and not what I expected from Green Velvet. It has a big air of MoS style tracks and I suppose it was made for it but I dont like that sound. I want hard hitting techno which I found was lacking big time on this cd. Not going to be for everybodys taste but if you like M of Sound you will prob like this. I would stay with Green Velvets own cds or even Cajmere's cds. All together now "Camera's ready prepare to flash!"

Kill Devil Hills
Kill Devil Hills

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not the best!, 13 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Kill Devil Hills (Audio CD)
Probably my own fault but I wanted this album to be so much more better. Big fan of DJ Muggs and a fan of Ill Bill so expectations were very high and I dont think it lives up to those. Couple of good tracks but there are also a couple of fillers. To me Muggs & Bill work on some level but maybe Muggs beats are too dark for Ill Bill. Not a bad thing on Bill, he's an excellent hip hop emcee in his own right with some savage dark rhymes but it just doesn't work (for me anyway!). Nowhere near as good as Muggs v Sick Jacken (Legend Of Mask & The Assassin). Dont get me wrong its not a bad purchase but dont pay too much. Maybe after a few more listens it might be a grower...........if it is I will re-review. Edit I have listened to it more and still it only gets 3 stars. It is ok but only for fans in my opinion

Hollywood
Hollywood

3.0 out of 5 stars Off beat!, 15 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Hollywood (Audio CD)
Not the greatest to be fair. Only average. A mile apart from the great PE stuff. Only for the hardcore PE fans in my opinion and thats just to say that you have it in your collection. A couple of good tracks but then they were released on the next PE album (Col-Leppin!).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4