Profile for Gerald > Reviews

Content by Gerald

Gerald "Gerald" (Cork, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Condemned 2 (PS3)
Condemned 2 (PS3)
Offered by Ent-Plus+

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking Controls, 25 Jun. 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Condemned 2 (PS3) (Video Game)
As above the control system is very flawed. Poor camera angles, half the time you're fighting to get a good view of who is attacking you. played through the 1st 2 levels and had enough. Very very poor. Avoid if possible. Bring out Manhunt for the ps3 is all i'll say......

Blitz: The League II (PS3)
Blitz: The League II (PS3)
Offered by FUN-N-MORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the worst, 23 Jun. 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This is an ok game and not the worst. Not the best either but it is enjoyable to play. Some of the time it can be infuriating granted but it is still worth what I paid for it. I got it on the cheap (20euro) and I got my moneys worth no doubt. This is not a Madden rip off. Madden is all about the technical trickery, master plays, hail mary passes but Blitz is all about inflicting pain! The oppenents Quarterback is playing very well so you hard tackle him, bust his shoulder and put him out of the game! Simply put this game is all about hard hitting to bust up your opposing player & steriod abuse to boost your players week to week to keep hitting hard! I like Madden but Blitz is just different. If your are a big fan of the Madden series then I doubt this will be for you. Your 1st down is always 1st & 30. The field is very small but with the additions of rain & snow you can tackle a guy in a dodgy part of the field (ie pool of rain or a frozen piece of the field) and this will cause him to drop the ball. Its not all ablout hitting though as when you are about to be heavy tackled you can do you own special move which will help you ride the tackle or bust him up! Good cut scenes for the broken bones too but they become "samey" after a few games. Overall its American Football with special moves. I cant knock it even though it does have flaws but if you can get it cheap you might enjoy it. I did.

The Veteran
The Veteran

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good but...."j-love" is a pain!, 15 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Veteran (Audio CD)
Yes it is a good Kool G Rap album but the "J-Love" screams, shout outs are a bit annoying. It wouldn't be too bad if it was at the start or the end of a track but its everywhere at times! A lot of the songs are on other Kool G Rap cds and to be honest a few of the tracks towards the end are only like a "featuring Kool G Rap". Dont get me wrong, it is still a good album but it wont be to everybodies taste with the shout outs from J-Love. Also when ripped for ipod listening there is a gap between songs which is a pain as the mixes should be smooth and effortless and not noticeable! If you are new to Kool G Rap I'd recommend some of his earlier work with DJ Polo and that way you will get over the stupid j-love stuff! In all fairness I dont need to be told every 2 minutes who the dj is.......

Oblivion With Bells (Ltd)
Oblivion With Bells (Ltd)
Offered by jim-exselecky

4.0 out of 5 stars A return to form, 3 Jun. 2009
Yes the mighty Underworld have a welcomed return to form with this album. I was not a fan of "2 months off" (yes it had 1 or 2 stand out tracks but overall I thought it was a poor enough effort) but this album is what they were working towards and it was worth the wait. On initial listen I was not won over completely but I could see the vast improvement in all the tracks. After 2 or 3 listens I love just about every track on the cd. It is a fine addition to any collection. If you are a fan of "Beaucoup Fish" then I would recommend you buy this. No point in getting the limited edition version though as it is just a compliation of live performances and song vidoes. Its an ok DVD to accompany the cd but I wouldn't be too worked up if I had bought just the cd which is a lot cheaper too. The fact that it is a limited edition means it costs more!!

Psycho Realm
Psycho Realm
Offered by MMT-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars More essential hip hop, 18 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Psycho Realm (Audio CD)
Yes it is that good. 5 stars all the way. B-Real features heavily on this because he used his influence and worldwide fame to help the world to sit up and take notice of this highly underrated hip hop band. B-Real, Duke and Jacken all contribute equally to this masterpiece of hip hop. Brilliant beats, awesome lyrics and it is essential listening. Every hip hop fan should own this. It is going cheap so it should've been snapped up. I got it when it was originally released and it still holds regular play and it hasn't lost anything! Once you find you like this you will find yourself getting on to amazon.com to buy A War Story Book 1 & 2 by The Psycho Realm. Both of which are also gems. Psycho Realm deserve more recognition and respect. With the unfortunate tragedy which happened to Duke he doesnt feature much on Book 2 but it is still excellent (and expensive so just wait for it to come down in price). All the Psycho Realm cds are brillant and this cd is where it all began. Buy it now.......

Legend Of The Mask And The Assassin [Us Import]
Legend Of The Mask And The Assassin [Us Import]
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential...., 18 Feb. 2009
I cant believe no one has reviewed this album. It is Muggs at his very best (as always) with vocals from Sick Jacken. Being a fan of Cypress Hill and of The Psycho Realm I had to get it and I was not disappointed.....only blown away. Excellent heavy and dark beats from Muggs with excellent lyrics from Jacken. The tracks are like storytales which you will be imersed into and hanging on to every word while Muggs beats are the perfect soundtrack to them. To be honest, if Muggs & Jacken do another album I'd snap it up. These 2 were made to work together. Buy it and you will see for yourself. If you have never heard of Psycho Realm then I'd advise you to get their 1st album and give it a go.

Thunderdome 8 (1995)
Thunderdome 8 (1995)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore Techno, 13 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Thunderdome 8 (1995) (Audio CD)
Mental beats all through the album. One or two skip songs but overall its just mental hardcore pumping beats! I think the technical name is "Gabba Techno". Its just good old hardcore techno if you ask me. One of the better cds from the Thunderdome series.

The War Of Art
The War Of Art

5.0 out of 5 stars What a debut, 13 Feb. 2009
This review is from: The War Of Art (Audio CD)
Excellent and outstanding album. Best debut I've heard sine Machine Head's Burn my eyes. Still to this day nearly 10 years later the album has lost nothing. It is a classic. Great rifts, great vocals, Pounding drums and it is just an amazing album. The Feeding is also a great album but thats a grower on you. This is just downright metal in your face and you have to either accept or reject it. I for one accepted it with wide open arms! An amazing band who unfortunately no longer make records. Get this cd you will not be disappointed

Eat At Whitey's
Eat At Whitey's

3.0 out of 5 stars Its not hip hop!!!, 9 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Eat At Whitey's (Audio CD)
The cd description is mis-leading as it says that Everlast is back with a fusion of hip hop! No he is not. This is rock and a very mild form of rock. The only hip hop track is with B-Real (you wouldn't expect anything less from B-Real). One or two others guest stars rap on this but Everlast does not. This cd is exactly like Whitey Ford sings the blues. Does anyone think this was hip hop / rap. NO. I didnt think so. I still think the cd is only ok because I didnt like Whitey Ford too much as I expected Everlast to still be rapping! A few reviews here say it is rap but I can assure it is not. If you liked Whitey Ford then you will probably like this but if you didnt then I would advise you to avoid.

XX
XX

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes its good....., 9 Feb. 2009
This review is from: XX (Audio CD)
I was a bit worried when I ordered this cd as I did not know what to expect but what I got was a nice surprise. Mushroomhead are indeed metal and I like it a lot. There was a lot of "nu-metal" around so I was a bit skeptical but it proved unfounded. From the opening track I was blitzed with heavy riffs, great vocals, great lyrics, pounding drums and everything else you would want in a heavy metal band. They are not Slipknot but I can see the similarities but they are very good and I think I will backlog this very underestimated groups albums. If you like Slipknot then you will not be disappointed but I stress they are not Slipknot but they deserve a shot as they are equally as good.

EDIT: This is the best Mushroomhead album. After listening to this I went away and bought XIII & Saviour Sorrow and though each album is ok this album is the best of them

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4