Profile for julius_reubke@yahoo.co.uk > Reviews

julius_reubke@yahoo.co.uk (London, England)

No Angel
No Angel
Price: 9.69

5.0 out of 5 stars An album to lose yourself in, crowned by a masterpiece., 7 Mar 2002
This review is from: No Angel (Audio CD)
Now I have to say I'm not much into Pop, Rock, call it what you will. As far as I'm concerned, there's good music and there's pants music.
Being curious about the accolades Dido took at the Brit awards, I bought this CD having never heard Dido before. My feelings on listening to the whole album in one sitting were akin to those when I first heard Vaughan Williams' "A Sea Symphony" - where have you been all my life???
This album has clearly been produced with love, care and attention to detail by a group of very talented people. Yes, Dido has voice that will haunt you in your dreams, but she is backed my musicians of Rolls-Royce quality.
However, one song stands head and shoulders above the rest. Take my hand is quite simply a masterpiece. Lasting just over 7 minutes, the duration gives the music time to develop and reach climax before ending reflectedly over sombre piano chords.
So go buy this disc, turn down the lights, put the ansaphone on, pour yourself a glass of wine and lose yourself in Dido's world for an hour. You'll feel a better person for it.