Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "peterjr1"

Your First 100 Days: How to Make Maximum Impact in Your New Leadership Role (Financial Times Series)
by Niamh O'Keeffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Accelerating performance in the hi-tech industry, 10 Nov. 2011
I'm a marketing exec for an Internet software company. With constantly evolving market dynamics and a fast expanding workforce, the need to be at the top of my leadership game both individually and from a team perspective, is imperative. This is the second of Niamh's '100 days' books I have read, and also been fortunate enough to have worked through a First100 program. This book and the program enabled me to optimize my leadership skills and accelerate my performance in a matter of weeks. I've been in leadership for over 15 years and thought I knew it all - I didn't!! The impact to me professionally and personally, not to mention the effect on my team and the business overall has been significant and tangible. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has the need to step up their leadership skills in response to a new role or a demanding environment.

Got Promoted? Get Promoted: Your First 100 Days
Got Promoted? Get Promoted: Your First 100 Days
by Niamh O'Keeffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and to the point - already impacting my first 100 days!, 1 Dec. 2009
I have recently been promoted to a senior position and was looking for some guidance on how to accelerate my success and demonstrate my value quickly. I've been recommended this book by various executives I've worked with and so gave it a go. It basically laid out everything I need to know and do in my first 100 days in the job....from how to handle the transition, to managing a new team, to ensuring I am on the right incline to success - it even gives you a step-by-step plan you can use with your boss, team and colleagues on the job. It's made me think of my role and my abilities in a much more structured way. I'm glad I found this book. I'll be using it frequently both during my inital 100 days and beyond. Sometimes you just need advice from someone who's done it all before and been successful - looking forward to putting this into action now!

Pete Rawlinson
VP WW Marketing, AppSense Inc.