Profile for Mr. Piers Bravery > Reviews

Content by Mr. Piers Bravery

Mr. Piers Bravery "PSB" (Surrey)

Tycoon
Tycoon
by Peter Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Drudgery in a printed form., 8 May 2013
This review is from: Tycoon (Paperback)
A great admirer of Jones for some years - but what is this? Repetition, repetition, repetition. Totally uninspiring yet on TV he is totally inspiring. Was it a lack of a good editor? I was very confused reading this and got to the point where I could only read a few pages at a time as it was so boring. It would not stop me buying another book by Jones but it would have to be far superior to this one. I know he is far more valuable to the British economy than this.

The Labyrinth of Osiris
The Labyrinth of Osiris

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant thriller, as atmospheric as actually being there., 22 July 2012
from the opening chapter it is as if you are there - the sounds, the heat, the smells, the characters. All totally believable and it wont be long before this is made into a great film - Sussman has done all the screen writers work for them already with his perfect descriptions and brilliant storyline. 10 out of 10 and a must-read.

That's Proper Folk
That's Proper Folk
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, and very cheerful!, 9 Feb 2009
This review is from: That's Proper Folk (Audio CD)
Perfect intro to those uncertain of folk music. You'll even recognise the one from the cider advert at the end. Ridiculous price, buy more for your mates!

The Best Of Jimmy Cliff
The Best Of Jimmy Cliff

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, timeless perfection, 9 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Best Of Jimmy Cliff (Audio CD)
What can I say - suffice for you to know that even my 3 year old twins think this man is a genius. The cover version of Cat Stevens Wild World is a personal favourite. Money very well spent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2012 9:19 PM BST

The Trials Of Van Occupanther
The Trials Of Van Occupanther
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding second album, 15 Jun 2006
I have yet to hear Midlakes's first album but having listened to this I am definitely ordering it today. I put this straight onto my MP3 and was so astounded by the vast range of sounds, vocals and excellent use of instruments that I listened to it 3 times non stop. The last album to affect me in this way was Eels "Blinking Lights" (another essential purchse I stress). Van Occupanther seems to follow a drifting storyline of adventures, wasted opportunities and the day to day happenings of deep-in-the-woods-dwelling. It's a blinder and you'll love it, but play it on a good system to really appreciate the range of music and vocals.