Profile for dave_oasis > Reviews

I Believe
I Believe
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars A proper uplifting album, 3 Mar. 2004
This review is from: I Believe (Audio CD)
I went to see the stereophonics as a couple of reviewers had and he was supporting and did a real stand up job of it so I bought this CD. I've seen a couple of albums saying they "feared" it'd be a bit of a charlatans spin off, and though I think the Charlatans are a top band this is nothing like what I've heard from them.
It's a really uplifting, summery album that just sticks you in a good mood. As tempted as I am to say it could be stuck into a more poppy genre than his earlier work with the band, I've not heard anything quite like it.
Its an easy listening album that you'll listen to again and again so go get it man, you'll love it sitting in the summer sun with a cool glass of lager.

Definitely Maybe
Definitely Maybe
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars The start of something great..., 24 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Definitely Maybe (Audio CD)
This album will make you wanna act, look and feel like yourself and be so unbelievably proud of it. From the opening chords of rock 'n' roll star your spirit will lift and you'll take a trip into a feeling that you are belting your heart out to all them fans at knebworth.
Their best album barr none and one of the best ever, although im a nineties kid and not naive enough to say that it is bigger than albums that didnt hit my generation, I'm sure this could rate as one album that anyone could, should and would want to own. Its not so much a collection of songs but a sense of how everyone felt back then and a feeling of the pride we feel for our country, if youre into football, drinking, guitars and living it large then i'm surprised you don't own this immense noise already.

You Gotta Go There to Come Back
You Gotta Go There to Come Back

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a definite grower...., 11 Nov. 2003
At first I was disappointed, mainly as I held such high expectations of the album (not that I really liked the last one but I was hoping for a return to form). I thought it was good but it seemed like a good album to chill out and sunbathe to, after a week or two of listening I virtually stopped listening to it.
However a few weeks ago I took it out and there are some brilliant tracks on it, highlights for me being Maybe tomorrow, Climbing the wall, Im alright, nothing precious at all, high as the ceiling and since I told you its over.
Admittedly its not a patch on Word gets around, but you cannot expect a band to be as fresh as their first album everytime. We can all say how disappointing every band's new releases are compared to their first attempts (such as Oasis) they are what they are and they are quality, the new album is a happy medium between the quality of the first and the disappointing (in my opinion) jeep. I can't see them ever living up to word gets around but it is a Top album man so get it in your cd player now and chill out :D
dave