Profile for YO > Reviews

Content by YO

YO

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
AMOS 4 in 1 Nano SIM Card Adapter Converter to Micro & Standard SIM Card for iPhone 6 5 4 4S 3G 3GS iPad 1,2,3 Tablet Smartphones + Free iPhone Tray Open Eject Pin Tool
Offered by keboo

Thermal Blackout Curtain Linings 46" wide x 54" drop
Thermal Blackout Curtain Linings 46" wide x 54" drop
Offered by Tony's Textiles Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations for price, 31 Jan. 2016
The package contains two curtains, each of the advertised size - this was not clear on the site, but quickly confirmed by seller.

The product is easy to put up and does block out a significant amount of light. It is not 100% as you would get with custom made blinds that seal the window all around. However, it does reduce the light through the curtain by 98% (mine are quite thin). A little light from the sides above and below is expected especially when the curtain billows in the wind. However, this billowing is reduced by the stiffness of the product.

I would recommend.

Bocideal 2014 New DesignReplacement Small Size TPU Wrist Band For Fitbit Flex Bracelet Smart Wristband (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality cheaply made product, 29 April 2015
Poor quality and was tearing within 3 weeks

MX Group 5017706599122 Combo Shower Kit 6 Mode Rub Clean Showerhead - Chrome
MX Group 5017706599122 Combo Shower Kit 6 Mode Rub Clean Showerhead - Chrome
Offered by Red Dot Products Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 29 April 2015
Good quality product that looks solid. The shower cable and riser pole are metal, the shower head, soap holder and wall fixtures are plastic.
Quick and easy to install.
In fact, the only issue is the shower holder screw does not tighten enough to stop movement of the shower up and down the riser when manipulating the shower left and right - minor grip.

Shock Absorber Women's D+ Max Support Sports Bra - Black, 36DD
Shock Absorber Women's D+ Max Support Sports Bra - Black, 36DD

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps things stable, 2 May 2014
The fit is good and without any lumps or bumps. There is also no bounce. The quality is good too.

Chocoholic Since 1998 - 18th Birthday Tote / Shoulder Bag
Chocoholic Since 1998 - 18th Birthday Tote / Shoulder Bag
Offered by Tribal T-Shirts

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as attractive as image!, 2 May 2014
Delivery was prompt and packaging suitable.

However, the printing is dull and unremarkable. The image portrays a lovely cream bag, but the actual colour is a dull wheat colour, and consequently the image is also a very dull colour.

The bag is indeed 100% cotton, made of a thin linen and does not feel very durable.

I am quite disappointed with this product as it was supposed to be given as a gift.

(I have uploaded an image of actual)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Smarty PHP Template Programming and Applications: A step-by-step guide to building PHP web sites and applications using the Smarty templating engine
by Lucian Gheorghe

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of errors, 2 Oct. 2013
If you prefer reading from a book rather than a screen, I guess this is book is OK. It gives a decent overview of Smarty and its purpose. (I get headaches reading text from a screen.)

However, because of the many errors in this book, you will need to refer to the online manual. Therefore, if you are happy to sit and read a screen, then save yourself the money and use the online manual. In the long run you will be grateful at not having to work out all the errors in the book.

(ONE-FOR -ALL) Amplied Signal Splitter with 4 Outputs (SV9542)
(ONE-FOR -ALL) Amplied Signal Splitter with 4 Outputs (SV9542)
Offered by MyMemory

1.0 out of 5 stars Sub-Standard - Worked fine for less than a year!, 19 Mar. 2013
Mrs. S. Holliday (another 1* reviewer on here) describes the problem perfectly. Mine worked perfectly until out of the blue, it no longer worked.

I purchased mine May 2012, it is now March 2013. Luckily, Amazon was happy to refund.

ZENBOW Aroma Diffuser + 2 FREE OILS (EOD brand - Lavender & Rose), Ioniser & Colour Changing Mood Light - All in one.
Offered by Essential Oils Direct (Retail)

5.0 out of 5 stars Changes the ambience of a room, 2 Nov. 2012
(7 Sep 2010) I have used a stone diffuser for years, so was not sure what to expect, especially after reading the reviews. However, I have used this product for a day and love it. My bedroom feels different to the rest of the residence. The recommended 5-6 drops more than enough to scent a room. In fact, I found using 2-3 drops was more than enough for an approx. 121-144 sq ft room. The stone scent fades after about 2 hours, but this product goes for hours until the reservoir is empty.

The instructions were simple as is the product to operate. The changing lights are the icing on the proverbial cake, adding a soothing and restful feel to a room (in the dark). There is a simple cycle of 4 modes with the button 1st press: changing lights and diffuser -> 2nd press steady light and diffuser (light colour the current light in cycle) -> 3rd press no light, only diffuser and -> 4th press off.

Cleaning is very easy too, just lift top and wipe (pour out remaining liquid, if any).

Update - 2+ months in and love this product more than ever. I had quite a bad head cold recently and putting in my eucalyptus blend worked wonders for my sinuses. Plus, I get a touch of claustrophobia when I have bad head colds and always used to have to light a tea light in the passage as the bedroom lighting was too bright for sleeping, but I could not cope with the total darkness either. Now I have this amazing night light as well as diffuser. The red works best as no white light in it, so almost dark.

How did I survive before!!

Update - 1 year in and still loving this product. I live in a hard water area and the little white plastic cover is harder to clean. I have found just heating some white vinegar in a jar and soaking the cap in it, followed by a cotton bud to remove any remaining residue in the little nozzles works a treat.

FINAL UPDATE (Sept 2012)
Alas at exactly two years old; it began to make a very loud and horrible grinding noise as if it is struggling to get the fan going. I will admit I am a 'tinkerer', and so I opened it up and had a look. As far as I could see it has a fan attached to a circuit board, as well as the bit that does the cool steam. The noise was coming from the area of the fan. It was not rusty or stuck, so I inferred that obsolescence was built in and bits had just worn out. Also, I have seen similar comments elsewhere on the internet at the 2-year mark.

That said, I love this product and it made me happy, so I will look for a similar one to replace this one; perhaps not quite as expensive.

Constant Craving (Rich, Wealthy, Mistaken Identity, Brooding Hunk, Nanny)
Constant Craving (Rich, Wealthy, Mistaken Identity, Brooding Hunk, Nanny)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Effort, 20 Jun. 2012
I seldom write reviews about eBooks, because I will read anything and am usually quite happy. I tend to tolerate most things even poor spelling, unless it makes the text incomprehensible. However, this novel, I feel is a very poor effort, even though it is free (or was when I downloaded).

I cannot quite put my finger on what the problem is with this book. It does feel as if the author was forced to write this and cared little about it. It is not interesting, has no passion and does not even feel like the work of an experienced, but jaded author. The premise, a typical Mills & Boon type story, is simple enough and so should be an amusing couple of hours read at the very least, but it is not.

To make matters worse, the novel is described as erotic and so the author has just peppered the text with supposedly titillating words, which when used in a good story would be exciting, but here just seems crude.

I am not much of a literature scholar, so cannot tell you about character development, structure or even grammar. All I can say is that the story did not draw me in; I had no interest in what happened next. I usually read a novel half way, but then cannot wait to find out what happens, so I skip to the end read that and then come back and read the rest more slowly enjoying the tale.

This novel was skimmed in about 15 minutes, but I could not find a chapter that called to me and so it was removed from my library.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4