Profile for Steve > Reviews

Little Piano (Free)
Little Piano (Free)
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun but problems, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Little Piano (Free) (App)
This is a really fun item but spoilt by all the adverts that arrived attached to it. If it had been to my computer it wouldn't have been too big a problem but as it was to my kindle I haven't yet sorted how to get rid of s***e adverts. Very annoying

EvoDigitals 16GB 4.3" Touch Screen MP3 MP4 MP5 Player With TV OUT Equaliser - Videos | Music | Pictures | Ebooks | + More!
Offered by EvoDigitals
Price: 32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing item, 22 Sep 2012
The reason that I purchased this item was because my gym(Fitness First now Klick) has taken out the equipment that was linked to the TV's so when I am on the treadmill etc time with only my MP3 to listen to time goes at 'half speed' admit it you know what I mean.
What I was after was a cheap alternative to using my Apple phone and the possibility of breaking it. To be honest, due to the price of this I wasn't expecting anything great but how wrong was I, this device is absolutely fabulous and far exceeds my expectations. Downloading stuff has been easy and the technical backup from 'Ross' has been second to none. I have contacted him twice for advice and he has got back to me very quickly.
Apart from the MP3 function I have been able to download loads of stuff such as movies, videos from youtube etc and the quality overall has been brilliant iin fact the only problems with quality that I have experienced stem from the original material not this gismo i.e. videos from the 80's.
I am off on my hols soon and will be taking this to play some of the films whilst on the plane (so up yours Ryanair.
So in closing if you are considering purchasing one of these I can promise you that you will not be disappointed, whithout doubt there are probably better ones out there that do more 'singing and dancing' but will cost you another 100+.
I use this player all the time and can therefore recommend it.
Steve
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2013 10:28 PM BST

Pies and Prejudice: In search of the North
Pies and Prejudice: In search of the North
by Stuart Maconie
Price: 5.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty well prejudiced, 17 Aug 2012
Purchased this book for a little light reading and to be truthfully honest I just can't see the point of it. It starts off by berating 'southerners' because of how they view us and then pretty much sticks to the prejudices it claims to want to abolish!!!!
As a 'northerner' like Maconie who works with 'southerners' who all have set ideas of that dark and gloomy place north of South Mimms I was hoping for a book that really celebrated our achievements but this basically stuck to the usual stereo typing with the odd 'look at us we drink frappuccino's aren't we cool.
My prejudices against the book though was probably coloured by the way that he discribed Sheffield (my home city)the fourth or fifth (depending on whether you're from Leeds) biggest city in England and he took all of three pages to rubbish the place.