Profile for Chris > Reviews

Content by Chris

Chris

Lenovo Ideapad Z580 15.6-inch Laptop (Gunmetal) - (Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 1GB, DVD RW, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 1 May 2014
This laptop was exactly what I needed.
I struggled at first with Windows 8, but I you get used to it.
It has decent speakers (for a laptop at least) and everything is pretty decent, although I would say the screen doesn't give the truest blacks; sometimes movie scenes with low light are less clear. I only notice this rarely, and it's probably one of the only shortcomings of this model.

Energy Saving Floor Lamp Colour: Antique Brass
Energy Saving Floor Lamp Colour: Antique Brass
Offered by dealsassured

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a very good investment :), 1 May 2014
It has a lovely ambiance, although it's not the brightest light. The bulb gets to full brightness within about a minute, and has a warm glow, unlike cold halogen bulbs. It's very energy efficient, which was key for me. Best used as a bedroom light in my opinion (or living room).
I do not regret this purchase at all. It's a keeper.

Windows 7 - Dell OptiPlex 760 Desktop Computer - Powerful Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.5GHz Processor - Wi Fi Enabled - 250GB Hard Drive - 4GB Memory - DVD RW (Writer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Both the original and replacement were FAULTY!!!. VERY INCONVENIENCED!, 1 May 2014
Despite the reviews, this computer has been a disaster. Yes it's 'refurbished' but the system crashes without warning. When the replacement came, it was the exact same story, with no clue as to why.

iPad Mini Smart Screen Cover / Stand / Case - Black
iPad Mini Smart Screen Cover / Stand / Case - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 1 May 2014
yes it was really cheap, but sometimes it 'clicks' the iPad on even while covered, giving rise to occasionally finding the battery dead, even though it's been in you're bag most of the day!

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars simply great, 3 April 2013
The item arrived in very good time, and worked right out of the box. The simple and minimal design, namely the base unit seemed to confuse the older generation, my parents for whom I bought it for. I don't see a flaw with the base, except it has no rubber, and isn't very sturdy when placed on top of a computer monitor.
The Webcam picture and sound is great for the price, perfect for skype, especially at this price.

My main problem with it, and the reason I can't give this a 5 star rating is because the CD and software that came with it, caused the microphone input not to work, or at least it was no longer recognised by Skype to have a mic. It wasn't until I uninstalled the software that came with the device that I regained the mic input.

My advice. Get this product, but ignore the extra software.