Profile for Kambo > Reviews

Content by Kambo

Kambo

A Professional's Guide to Ending Violence Quickly: How Bouncers, Bodyguards and Other Security Professionals Handle Ugly Situations
by Marc "Animal" MacYoung
Price: 16.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but gets over-complex, 5 Aug 2011
I really enjoyed the start of this book. The author is obviously well practiced within his given field. His writing style is easy to get on with and throughout the whole book there is a definate humour apparent. I found that the latter half of the book was complicated in part due to the somewhat dodgy illustrations and at times sloppy descriptions. A future re-print would benefit hugely from step by step photographs or an accompanying DVD !
But all credit to 'Animal' for a book that nearly pushed all the right buttons.
I purchased this book after reading and studying both Geoff Thompson and Sgt Rory Miller. Fortunately for the aforementioned I found their books to be more useful to me.
Martial arts and self defence and their applications are totally subjective - I'm sure that some people would disagree with my personal leanings. I'm more of a Thompson man given the choice :)
The book is well worth a read though, and anyone with an interest in Self protection would be foolish to miss out any of the practitioners that I have mentioned :)

Blood In Blood Out
Blood In Blood Out
by John Lee
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening stuff., 5 Aug 2011
This review is from: Blood In Blood Out (Paperback)
I decided to purchase this book after seeing the documentaries on Sky's National Geographic channel. I have to say that I was captured by this book from the off. The text is incredibly well crafted and the many accounts of gang life, violence and dodgy dealings both in and out of prison are 'no holds barred'.
This book is not for the faint of heart !!!

I would also like to add that this book does not glorify the organisation, nor does it promote nazism or hatred in any way shape or form. The AB is an intensely violent gang mostly made up of the most uber-scary criminal types ever to disgrace the earth - this book gives us 'normal' people a graphic, yet brief insight into a world most of us wouldn't dare step into.

Highly recommended :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2012 2:23 PM BST

Confidence Dumbbell set 20kg
Confidence Dumbbell set 20kg
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price !!! Recommended, 16 Jan 2011
Ok, first and foremost these were the cheapest 20k set of dumbbells that i could find on Amazon...

They are GREAT value for money... I agree with the previous reviews in that the packaging wasn't great... But it was FREE p&p, so i wasn't expecting much. My packaging was damaged, and one of the 1.25k weights went missing in transit. After a quick email, i had a replacement just 2 days later. Thats superb service.

The spin-lock collars do go loose whilst training... and i just tighten them up between sets, its no hassle for me. Most cheap dumbbell sets have nasty plastic collars, so i was again pleased with the quality.

I'm more than happy to give these my "thumbs up" :)

Skull Tattoos (Dover Tattoos)
Skull Tattoos (Dover Tattoos)
by Scott Altmann
Edition: Pamphlet
Price: 2.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading - NOT recommended, 24 Dec 2010
I too was mis-lead by this item.

Described as a paperback - i mistakingly presumed that this was a BOOK. In fact this item is a packet of 4 temporary tattoos. THIS IS NOT A BOOK.

When reading the small print of the item - it does note a page quantity of TWO and the dimension of the item... however i purchased this in a rush as an extra xmas present. More fool me. I am VERY disappointed.