Profile for Susan Mudd > Reviews

The Complete Book of British Birds
The Complete Book of British Birds
by Magnus Magnusson

4.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Book of British Birds....., 14 July 2013
Bought this for my grandson who is very interested in the birds that come into the garden.

Really good value for the amount I paid for this book.

Badges of the British Army 1820-1960: An illustrated reference guide for collectors
by Frederick Wilkinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Badges of the British Army 1820-1960: An illustrated reference guide... ., 14 July 2013
Very good book for researching the ancestors that fought in both World Wars and other wars.

Bought this book to help friends who are researching their family trees.

Very interesting finding the units that my friends relations were fighting in.

I am interested myself as my father and uncles were all in the army in the first and second world wars.

British Army Collar Badges
British Army Collar Badges
by Ray Westlake

4.0 out of 5 stars British Army Collar Badges., 14 July 2013
Bought this to help friends research their Father/grandfather/great uncle/uncle's units in the war.

Really good for research for my own research into what unit my uncles were in in theGrear War.

Really interesting finding the collar badges.

This book would interest anyone researching the 1st and 2nd World Wars.

A Land Girl's War
A Land Girl's War
by Joan Mary Snelling

5.0 out of 5 stars A Land Girl's War.., 14 July 2013
This review is from: A Land Girl's War (Paperback)
Recommended this book to all my friends.
Really well written book.and how the Land girls worked hard to keep the Country on it's feet.

Land Girl: Her Story of Six Years in the Women's Land Army, 1940-46 (Country Bookshelf)
by Anne Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Land Girl: Her Story of Six Years in the Women's Land Army, 1940-4.., 14 July 2013
I would recommend this book as it is so interesting for the Social History.

Very good if people are researching ancestors that were either Land Girls/Lumber Jills..

I have told a few of my friends that they should be reading this book.

The Soldier's War: The Great War Through Veterans' Eyes
The Soldier's War: The Great War Through Veterans' Eyes
by Richard Van Emden

4.0 out of 5 stars The Soldier's War: The Great War Through Veterans' Eyes., 3 July 2013
Very good book and interesting to read about the Veterans that fought in the Great War.

I will recommend this book to all my friends for their family research.

They Called it Passchendaele: The Story of the Battle of Ypres and of the Men Who Fought in it
by Lyn MacDonald

4.0 out of 5 stars They Called it Passchendaele: The Story of the Battle of Ypres and of the Men Who Fought in i.t, 3 July 2013
Very good read and excellent for researching family who had to fight in the Great War.

With this book I found exactly where my uncle was killed

by Joshua Levine

4.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten Voices of the Somme: The Most Devastating Battle of the Great War in the Words of Those Who Survived ., 3 July 2013
Very interesting read about the Great War and those that survived it.
I will certainly be recommending this book to friends

The Trenches: A First World War Soldier, 1914-1918 (My Story)
The Trenches: A First World War Soldier, 1914-1918 (My Story)
by Jim Eldridge

4.0 out of 5 stars The Trenches: A First World War Soldier, 1914-1918 (My Story), 3 July 2013
Very good read about this one soldier as can picture my uncle doing nearly the same in the Trenches.

I will certainly recommend this boof to friends

1914-1918 Voices and Images of the Great War
1914-1918 Voices and Images of the Great War
by Lyn Macdonald

4.0 out of 5 stars 1914-1918 Voices and Images of the Great War ., 3 July 2013
really good book for researching the soldiers of the family that dies in the First World War.

I will certainly recommend it to my friends that are researching their family trees.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4