Profile for Polka > Reviews

Target Dry Georgia Womens Waterproof Parka
Target Dry Georgia Womens Waterproof Parka
Price: £49.99 - £71.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 13 Feb. 2015
I'm a teacher in a rural school and I needed a waterproof coat which is practical for moving around with small children. My school also does a lot of outdoor activities in the winter so I needed something warm. This coat is perfect. I've worn it since the beginning of October and it has never let me down. I've used it in sleet, snow, heavy rain and freezing weather and I have no complaints. I've machine washed it once and it came out fine. I wear clothes size 12 so went up a size and it is comfortably roomy to wear winter clothes underneath. Also has decent sized and secure pockets!

Kingavon BB-RT365 9-LED Glow In The Dark Torch in CDU (colours may vary)
Kingavon BB-RT365 9-LED Glow In The Dark Torch in CDU (colours may vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright and reliable., 29 Nov. 2014
I work for a small company situated in a rural area where there are no outdoor lights or street lights. During the winter I find it near impossible to see what I'm doing when leaving work and finding my my car. These little torches are perfect - give off loads of light and are compact enough to keep in my coat pocket so I can grab it when required. Have used mine every working day for 5 weeks - no problems whatsoever!

Happy Valley [DVD]
Happy Valley [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Lancashire

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Happy Valley [DVD] (DVD)
I stumbled across this on BBC iPlayer the day after the first episode was broadcast. I was off work feeling ill and normally wouldn't bother with crime dramas but decided to watch this because I was bored. Well, I was hooked within the first 5 minutes. Sarah Lancashire is fantastic actress and I found myself completely focused on the programme for the entire hour. It's gripping and nothing is sugar-coated. It can be tough to watch at times but you are compelled to keep watching. After the 4th episode I sat staring into space for 10 minutes with my heart pounding (sounds very over the top and dramatic I know but that's how engaging and tense this drama is!!) there are some gory and violet scenes, and a few disturbing corpse views. I think what makes this such a brilliant drama is that there is so much going on and it is very fast-paced but the makers have managed to do it with class and skill - nothing becomes over the top, ridiculous or unbelievable. I can see an opening for a 2nd series, but part of me wants this to remain as a fabulous 1 series drama that went out with several very loud bangs!! Seriously recommend this, even if it's not your 'thnig'

About Time [DVD] [2013]
About Time [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Rachel McAdams

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully done., 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: About Time [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Sci fi isn't my thing and I thought this was going to be a bit corny. But I was so wrong. It's a beautiful, charming film. It left me feeling incredibly uplifted and the characters are warm and likeable. It honestly is a great film. I'm ashamed for doubting Richard Curtis, I mean this is te man who brought up Notting Hill, Love Actually etc etc etc...so expect another fantastic rom-com, just with a sci fi twist!

Sourcingmap Plastic Ladies 6 Claws Hairpin Hair Clip/ Clamp, Black - 12 Piece
Sourcingmap Plastic Ladies 6 Claws Hairpin Hair Clip/ Clamp, Black - 12 Piece
Offered by Tcity

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 29 Sept. 2013
I have long thick hair and it is such a pain to keep in place. I usually use one extra large claw clip to hold my hair up in a bun but I decided to give these a go by putting them all around the edge of my bun. They work just as well and didn't look half as silly as the massive clip I usually have at the top of my head. I think they'll probably snap easily because they seem quite brittle but for the price it doesn't really matter!

Rocket Dog Brands International Ltd Satire 1 Womens Ankle Boots
Rocket Dog Brands International Ltd Satire 1 Womens Ankle Boots

1.0 out of 5 stars Return needed!, 8 Sept. 2013
Bought these in brown and couldn't get my feet in. There is no zip and the neck is narrow and inflexible, so getting my narrow and fairly small feet in my usual size is impossible. Shame as they are nice boots. Will have to return.

When She Woke
When She Woke
by Hillary Jordan

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall an entertaining read, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: When She Woke (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this book, it was fast paced and I read it in a few days because I wanted to know what happened next. The storyline was interesting and different. I wasn't able to predict what might happen, which is a good sign of an original piece of writing! I gave it 4 stars because there were a few bits which I found unconvincing, which is a shame. For example, Hannah the protagonist has a random lesbian affair, which all seems rather strange given she's desperately in love with a male character and can apparently think of nothing else but him. The male character too is a bit wishy-washy, which contradicts his depiction as a fiery and passionate lover. Anyway, apart from this, the book is good and definitely worth a read!

Kent Brushes Pf18 Maxi Taming Fine Pin Medium Brush
Kent Brushes Pf18 Maxi Taming Fine Pin Medium Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, 17 Aug. 2013
I bought this as a replacement for a Kent hairbrush I've had for years. so happy it does a great job, I feel like my hair has had a proper brush when I use this, recommend for thick wavy hair as a must have!

I Give It a Year [DVD] [2013]
I Give It a Year [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Rose Byrne

1.0 out of 5 stars How awful!, 17 Aug. 2013
I thought this would be right up my street because I love a British rom-com, but this drivel was certainly not anything to be impressed by. I found myself bored about 20 minutes in and I smiled a few times at the 'comedy' which was actually down to Minnie Driver every time, and her character was only in the film for about a 5th of the running time. Considering it had an impressive cast who have proven themselves to be funny and talented in other projects, I'm surprised this was so bad. I even sat through it again to give it the benefit of the doubt, hoping it would grow on me, but it didn't! I want to know how much Heat were paid to give it 5 stars and call it 'brilliantly funny' because it certainly isn't! If you really want to see this then I would recommend waiting a few months, it will soon be in the £3 section in the supermarkets!

The Postelles
The Postelles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Postelles (Audio CD)
I heard one of their tracks when watching American comedy 'Raising Hope'. I found out the band's name because the track stuck in my head for ages after watching the episode. I ordered the album and was not disappointed! It's upbeat with a retro sound, reminds me somewhat of the Kooks.

Page: 1 | 2