Profile for F. L. Cooper > Reviews

Content by F. L. Cooper

F. L. Cooper (Asuncion, Paraguay)

Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul
Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul
by John & Stasi Eldredge

5.0 out of 5 stars very affirming; a lovely read, 22 July 2007
I bought this book a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised by its directness and relevance. I was given it for Christmas last year and read it again with enthusiasm. It is full of insights about what it's like to be a woman; things I've always thought but never dared to say out loud. The book encourages us to see ourselves the way God sees us and allow ourselves to be loved by him completely. I really appreciated the fact that the book mentions examples of women in all kinds of situations; single and married, young and old and shows us that we all have the same deep longings inside. I found it extremely comforting and affirming as I realised I'm not silly to have the desires I have, but that God put those desires in me so that he could be their fulfillment.

A fantastic book which I highly recommend to all women! And to men who seek to understand women better.

Black (Circle 1)
Black (Circle 1)
by Ted Dekker

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, fantastic, great!, 22 July 2007
This review is from: Black (Circle 1) (Paperback)
I loved the interaction of the "reality" and "fantasy" storylines and found the characters well thought-out and the plot development completely gripping. There were moments when I found the story so exciting my heart was literally racing as I was reading! Not a relaxing read, but really wonderful! By the end of the book I was desperate to know what happened next, so ran out to buy "Red" and then "White," both of which I enjoyed to the same extent.

I love Ted Dekker's imagination; there's no predicting what's going to happen in his novels, which I find very refreshing. I also love the fact that he challenges me to think about my worldview in a new way.