Profile for asmofenrir > Reviews

asmofenrir

When Hell Meets Heaven
When Hell Meets Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars How to fall in love, 22 Aug 2014
So this was not what I expected. It was originally meant to be a research book but has turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read. JM Dragon has excelled at creating a love affair without them ever sharing a single kiss. You can feel the tenderness and secret desire. The language it easy to read without speaking down. I know that my kindle will have fatal hesitation.

The Picture of Dorian Gray
The Picture of Dorian Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars To know what love is., 30 July 2014
Oh Oscar, to read of a creature such as Dorian Gray is a crime. Forcing us to love someone and loath them in equal amount, at the same time and yet still to desire, nay, demand more feels like that of life itself.

Beautifully written with a language unparalleled. Most modern writers would do well to study his works. I am in love, not just with the REAL MR GRAY, (not the other un-cultured one) and mister Wilde himself.

I feel I'm close to tears now that the book has ended

Gone
Gone

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasted on an adult, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Gone (Kindle Edition)
I never got into it, the only reason I finished was because I paid good money for it. Most of it was aimed at youngsters with the characters the language they used and their personalities but other times it gets a little heavy. I have read a lot worse and some moments were good but too many stand there glaring you in the face as being the obvious situation, path and out come. The protagonist and antagonist with their direct female follower stood out as poor from the start. Diana was the only good character and even she was typical and predictable.

Spider Mafia
Spider Mafia

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, dark and really drags you in., 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Spider Mafia (Kindle Edition)
Don't let the cover fool you, this is well written and he has taken time to change our world to fit the world of the cats. It drifts from really dark and creepy to having lighter moments where the characters press against the fourth wall without them realizing it. The characters really cry out for your attention and despite it's length they suck you in and go through all the changes and character developments that they would if it had been longer. I know it will but I hope it doesn't end or he'll come up with something else soon.

I would have happily paid more for this book and the level of writing and depth.

I look forward to more and more.

Despicable Me: Minion Rush
Despicable Me: Minion Rush

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Despicable Me: Minion Rush (App)
Lots to do, plenty of goals to aim for. The odd problem opening every once in a while but doesn't spoil your immersion.