Profile for A. Brice > Reviews

HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite
HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite
Offered by Sky High Kites

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun on a windy day, 12 Aug 2014
Well made, look good. Needs a reasonable breeze to fly. Quite sensitive, so a bit fiddly to fly (our 8 year old took quite a few attempts before he could keep it aloft to more than a minute). But good fun. Just be careful how you unwind the strings or you will end up with a huge spaghetti mess!

BARGAINS-GALORE® 10 X GARDEN SOLAR POST LIGHTS RECHARGEABLE LAMPS S/S TUBE PATIO OUTDOOR SECURITY
Offered by SoSupplies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 12 Aug 2014
There are on the small side and one didn't work on arrival (not sure if my wife got it working or not). But, considering the price, I think they are very good value.

Invero® Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Inch GT-P5200 GT-P5210 TPU Gel Case with Screen Protector, Micro Fibre Cloth & Application Card (Pink)
Offered by Invero

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 7 Jun 2014
Fits fine and looks smart. The only slight issue is that it makes the on/off button quite hard to press.

Blue Waterproof Sports Watch (Water Resistant 50m) UNISEX Pro - Multifunction LED

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of watch for the money, 7 Jun 2014
I bought this for my 7 year old and he was delighted. It just about fits him on the smallest strap setting. He especially likes the multi-colour flashing mode (disco!). In fact it does nearly everything my much more expensive G-Shock does and looks smarter as well!

Gamewright Cube Quest Game
Gamewright Cube Quest Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Gamewright Cube Quest Game (Toy)
I bought this for my 7 year old son as I thought we could both have fun playing it. I was right. It is a good mixture of tactics and dexterity. The rules are simple enough to learn in a few minutes, but give it enough depth to keep it interesting. My only minor gripe is that the mat doesn't lay very flat, even after having heavy books placed on it. However that can be addressed by using some selotape to keep it flat (particularly across the join between the 2 halves).

HAUPTSTADTKOFFER Luggage Set Alex
HAUPTSTADTKOFFER Luggage Set Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but a wheel broke after the first 3 days use, 18 Sep 2013
They are very smart cases and they certainly stand out. My gripe is that one of the wheels broke 3 days into a 2 week train holiday. Wheeling around on the remaining 3 was a pain. I'm not sure why, we weren't being particularly brutal with it. The manufacturer sent us 2 replacement wheels. We've replaced the broken wheel and we will see how well that lasts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2014 1:10 PM GMT

The Better Angels of Our Nature: A History of Violence and Humanity
The Better Angels of Our Nature: A History of Violence and Humanity
by Steven Pinker

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasons to be cheerful, 5 Jun 2013
I read a few days ago that more Americans were killed last year by having their TVs fall on them, than by terrorists. But "If it bleeds it leads" is the media mantra. The continual drop-drip of stories of violence in the media make us all feel we live in violent times. However Professor Pinker uses graph after graph to show that the opposite is true. It is well-written, wide-ranging and fascinating book, touching on a huge range of subjects, including: the psychology, history, anthropology, evolution and game theory. Be warned that some of the chapters (especially the ones on cruelty and torture) make for stomach-turning reading.

Anything You Want
Anything You Want
by Derek Sivers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insights, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Anything You Want (Hardcover)
Derek Sivers talks about his experiences growing CD Baby to a $22 million company. Rather than the usual ‘growth at any price’ approach, his philosophy is to concentrate on being happy and doing the right thing by your customers. It is a slim volume, you can read it one sitting.

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Squeaks like a mouse, 5 Jun 2013
Once I finally managed to get it synchronized with my computer it worked fine. But it makes a squeak noise every other time I click a button. It gets annoying after a while. I may send it back.

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly well made, 26 Mar 2013
Much more solidly made than I expected. Often it kills a fly first go, but not always. But they certainly make a satisfying crack. Sometimes they go into world war I type death spiral dive ('Oh no, they got Ginger!'). Probably at least as humane as fly spray or a rolled newspaper.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3