Profile for Mr. Martin Gomez > Reviews

Content by Mr. Martin Gomez

Mr. Martin Gomez "MacBook man" (London UK)

Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera (With 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Affordable DSLR camera, amazing pic quality, 13 Jun. 2011
I am a professional photographer with over 15 years using Hassleblads, Large format and other big camera's. I now also teach photography via my company Studio Time Ltd in London, so every week I get to see students camera's which are from a variety of manufactures. A lot of people buy the new range of 4 thirds interchangeable lens cameras, which are so tricky to use, and don't deliver the best picture quality. Plus the cost of these cameras and the lens is way over priced. Also the smaller frame size of the 4 thirds system means shallow depth of field is hard to create.

We needed something light, inexpensive and compatible with our existing Canon lenses and flash guns. So the 1100D with a lens for around the £400 mark was ideal. We have been shooting with the camera now for a month and the quality and operation of the camera is spot on. Delivering great picture quality, easy of use, and reliability. We have even started using it on low budget event photography jobs.

We did just have one problem with it, but this was caused by a member of staff playing with all the options. We lost the ability to have Auto focus in the P, Tv, Av and Manual modes. This was simple rectified by a quick to Canon who told us to clear all the custom functions in each of those modes, problem solved.

If you got below £500 to spend on a entry level digital camera that you can progress with then buy the Canon EOS 1100D, ef-s lenses are plentiful and easy to get hold of new and old, plus Canon's menu system is one the easiest to use. That's why Studio Time only use Canon.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2014 6:02 PM BST

Netgear DG834N RangeMax NEXT Wireless ADSL Modem, Router.
Netgear DG834N RangeMax NEXT Wireless ADSL Modem, Router.

2.0 out of 5 stars The forth replacement has router from Netgear, 20 April 2008
I bought this router as an upgrade to the N network for my macbook.

Less than 6 months of using this product I am on my forth replacement router.

The first one kept crashing (hardware fault).

The second one they sent had a wireless fault.

The third worked for 4 months and now the wireless failed (another hardware fault)

I guess I should of just spent the extra and got the Apple router.

I have tried to get my money back but my calls from on def ears. I have lost count less hours of work due to lack of internet from this router.

If you want my advice don't waste your money or time on this product. It will only let you down.