Profile for F. M. Taylor > Reviews

Content by F. M. Taylor

F. M. Taylor (Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Verity Red's Diary - A Story of Surviving M.E.
Verity Red's Diary - A Story of Surviving M.E.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! a book to give family and friends!, 26 Mar 2013
I have battled ME for 7+ years and this is the only book I have ever found that just tells it like it is. It is very draining trying to explain what it is like to have no brain and no energy, not because you fancy a day off but because there is simply nothing in the tank to fuel anything. Even digesting food saps the reserves and the whole day has to be planned around what has to be done -v- what I would like to do. This book is written with insight and plenty of humour, but within the pages are the frustrations, depressions, and sheer imbuggerance of living with this much misunderstood and frequently trivilised condition. A must have for anyone who needs to understand from our side what it is like to deal with day by day of not doing a fraction of what you took for granted just a few years ago.

Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt
Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint hearted, 3 Mar 2013
I would not call this an easy read, but do hang on in there it is well worth it. This is a well researched and consolidated body of work based on the work of an ignored academic. It challenges the conventional suppositions of Egyptologists and gives the reader a great deal to consider about other solutions to mystery of the founding of the great dynasties. I will be returning to this work many times as its conclusions continue to provoke deep consideration of the gulf between academia and the very gifted amateur who carries into his work no academic dogma, just an open and enquiring mind, so sadly lacking in so many of our institutions of supposed discovery

Cast On, Bind Off
Cast On, Bind Off
by Ann, Leslie Bestor
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought this book, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
This an excellent book and a real must for anyone who not only enjoys their knitting but wants to get past just the basics. The book is clearly written with good instructions, illustrations and when the technique is a good choice to use in a particular project. I class myself as a good knitter and had probably four to six cast ons that I use often. This book gave me so many more possibilities that I feel really enthused about my next cast on. A really good choice for Christmas for the knitter in your family

Quilting Designs from Nature
Quilting Designs from Nature
by Lone J. Minkkinen

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought this book, 29 Sep 2012
This is a lovely book with many ideas and designs to suit all ages. A good range of designs in different categories eg garden, beach. I have already used them and has given me more confidence in my quilting as so often the words "quilt as desired" just fills me with dread. This book has really got me going.

Grass protection car park mat 1.5 x 25m roll
Grass protection car park mat 1.5 x 25m roll
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 2 May 2012
I bought this to do something about thte combination of torrential rain, high bank behind our house, clay soil and large dog which means that winter = serious mud bath in the garden and mud plastered dog in the house. This product was easy to cut, lay and peg down. It was worth every penny. It has stabilised the lawn, encouraged good grass growth. The dog easily adjusted to it under her paws and it stopped her sinking up to her hocks and dramatically reduced the amount of mud brought back into the house. Even with the recent torrential rain the lawn has survived well. Now the grass has re established using the mower on a high cut is no problem. Time taken to flatten the lawn as much as possible before laying has paid off now. I highly recommend this product.

Breathing Free
Breathing Free
by Teresa Hale

5.0 out of 5 stars If you read this book, do what it says!, 25 May 2010
This review is from: Breathing Free (Paperback)
I have worked with many clients with a variety of breathing difficulties and always recommend this book to them as it has clear instructions and levels and a excellent explanation of the body and the breath. Without exception those who have taken it on board and done the exercises consistently have all received tremendous benefits such as reducing medication and very noticeable improvements in their health. The more you put into the practice the greater the results - please join the many who have taken control of their condition and changed their lives.

The Crone: Women of Age, Wisdom and Power
The Crone: Women of Age, Wisdom and Power
by Barbara G. Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars a book that changed my life, 25 May 2010
This is a serious book for the serious reader. It does not pull punches. It is the only book of the whole "goddess/crone" genre that genuinely and deeply affected me. It was a book that changed my life and attitude without ever setting out to do so. Each time I read, I understand more and change more and then bring these changes back to my next reading. Do not bother reading this book if (1) you do not want to change and (2)you only like "nice, sweet, all loving, tweety birds". This book asks you to accept the rawness and power of the feminine i.e. all of woman not just the "nice or acceptable" bits. The crone energy is greatly missing from our current society and troubles, she needs to come back.

I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue (BBC Radio Collection): Collection 2 Vol 4-6
I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue (BBC Radio Collection): Collection 2 Vol 4-6
by Humphrey Lyttelton
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars guaranteed laughter, 9 Feb 2010
a wonderful collection that always makes me laugh. I never cease to be amazed at the speed of the wit which while sailing close to the wind sometimes, never sinks into unfunny filth. There is no nastiness with this humour no need to 'make a statement'. I have been seriously ill for some years and wish I had found this series sooner I play a bit of the series every day - it helps so much to keep a sense of perspective.

One Line at a Time
One Line at a Time
by Charlotte Warr Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars easier quilting, 4 Sep 2009
This review is from: One Line at a Time (Paperback)
good clear instructions and well illustrated. Lessons well structured and fun I got good results straight away. Very good for beginners while still offering plenty for the more experienced quilter as the basics were well-expanded upon with ideas and examples o future possibilities. This book has quickly become a favourite of mine (and I have lots of quilting books)

Food GLorious Food: Incredibly delicious low-GL recipes: Incredibly Delicious Low-GL Recipes for Friends and Family
by Patrick Holford BSc DipION FBANT NTCRP

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy weight los, 4 Sep 2009
An excellent book, clearly written, plenty of information and wonderful recipes. They work too, I have lost a stone in 6 weeks!!

Page: 1 | 2