Profile for Darren Millar > Reviews

Darren Millar

Doctor Who Ultimate Tardis Playset
Doctor Who Ultimate Tardis Playset

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought!, 5 Jan. 2012
Having read some of the reviews about the bricks being loose and how poor it was I was a little concerned about buying this as a Christmas present for my 8 year old Son. I was however pleasantly surprise as to how well it went together. Again as with the Dalek Factory it took some building and again an 8 year old would really struggle building this but I think some of the comments about it being flimsy and not very well put together are unfounded, they obviously didn't build it right. I think this set is far more durable than the Dalek Factory although more difficult to build. It seems pretty solid to me and a very impressive looking structure when it's finished too, my Son plays with this far more than the Dalek Factory.

Doctor Who Dalek Factory
Doctor Who Dalek Factory
Offered by The Superdrome of Worcester UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Scared to play with it!, 5 Jan. 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Doctor Who Dalek Factory (Toy)
Bought this for my Son for Christmas as he asked for it. He was so excited when he opened it. The building of it took a while and I don't really think an 8 year old would have been able to do it on their own so I did most of it. After finishing it, my Son played with it for about 15 minutes but got frustrated when bits kept falling off. I know it's made of 'lego' and is therefore not solid but you only need to brush past something and it drops off, also the conveyor belt is really not very good as nothing stops on it. On the plus side it is a very impressive looking structure when build but it is meant to be played with not just looked at. Unfortunately my Son is almost afraid to touch it now in case something breaks.