Profile for Mrs D White > Reviews

Content by Mrs D White

Mrs D White

The Sweethearts: Tales of love, laughter and hardship from the Yorkshire Rowntree's girls

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 17 May 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, which brought back so many fond memories for me. I would have liked a little more content on the offices and their workers, as I worked in the offices from 1962 until 1967 when I left to work for the Yorkshire Evening Press. I was given superb training at Rowntrees which stood me in good stead for the rest of my working life. I started as a Post Office Messenger, just like described in the book, finishing my work in Office Printing. I made some lifelong friends there and would thorougly recommend this book to anyone who has any connection with Rowntrees. Some of the input was given by a former neighbour of mine so made it quite personal for me.

Private: No. 1 Suspect: (Private 4)
Private: No. 1 Suspect: (Private 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars James Patterson, 4 April 2013
Enjoyed this book, as I feel I know all the characters now. Have read all James Patterson books and this one didn't disappoint.

Darkest Fear (Myron Bolitar Book 7)
Darkest Fear (Myron Bolitar Book 7)

2.0 out of 5 stars Darkest Fear, 4 April 2013
Not his best, as I was really looking forward to reading this book. I have loved all his other novels.

CLEAR PEBBLE SINK MAT
CLEAR PEBBLE SINK MAT

1.0 out of 5 stars Clear Pebble Sink Mat (which was blue when it arrived!!), 4 April 2013
This review is from: CLEAR PEBBLE SINK MAT
The mat floats around in the sink all the time and also then tends to cover the drainage area making it problematic to drain the water away. Also the mat is blue not white as in the picture. Delivery was fast though.