Profile for IdahoSwede > Reviews

Content by IdahoSwede

IdahoSwede (Hertfordshire, England)

80cm x 80cm Square Euro Continental Satin Stripe Bounce Back Cotton Jacquard Pillow (Pair)
Offered by Bedding Direct UK
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Comfort!, 5 Aug 2014
These pillows are superb. I had such trouble finding the large European style square pillows and was delighted when I finally saw these on Amazon. We buy our bed linen when we're travelling in Germany but didn't think to bring back the proper sized pillows. We both love reading in bed and these give us the back support necessary but also adjust well for sleeping. I will most probably be ordering another pair soon.

FLEURS D'ORANGER eau de perfume spray 50 ml
FLEURS D'ORANGER eau de perfume spray 50 ml
Offered by ThinkinBeauty
Price: 56.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 23 July 2014
The most wonderfully exotic, sensual fragrance ever! I'm 64 and still feel like one hot babe when I'm wearing this.

Friends With Money [DVD] [2006]
Friends With Money [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.73

2.0 out of 5 stars Truly Bizarre, 3 Jan 2014
A friend and I watched this film over the Christmas holidays. Both of us had the same reaction, basically "what the ....???" Choppy story lines and at the end, you're left with a definite "HUH?" moment. I can see where the screenplay intended to go (but didn't) and our over-all feeling was there were just too many gaps to be filled in and too much left unsaid. Not a film I would watch again and the DVD is actually in the charity shop bag.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Substitute, 28 Oct 2013
I bought this for my partner who after 40 years of smoking has been having a really tough time breaking free. He got rid of the cigarettes, only to get hooked on the nicotine mints and he was still "sneaking" a cigarette every now and then. As an allergic non-smoker, I could tell the minute he had a slip so figured this was a viable alternative and so far, he's been satisfied and seems to be cutting down on the mints as well, which always left him with chalky looking residue on the lips as well.

The Dante Conspiracy
The Dante Conspiracy
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lame Ending, 21 April 2013
I quite enjoyed the story for a quick read, but the ending was quite lame! The premise was good, but I wish the author had fleshed out things a bit more, i.e. the bad guys needed more identification and meat to their bones. Given all I know about Italy (and not giving away the twist at the end), I could understand why the cops did what they did, but it just felt like the author was in a hurry to finish the story and kind of tidied up everything in the last chapter, but far too hastily. The first half of the book, I was imagining this as a great movie, but by the end it wouldn't work unless a LOT more story was put into it.

The Magdalene Conspiracy
The Magdalene Conspiracy

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs Serious Editing, 11 Dec 2012
The book started out with a reasonable premise, but slogging through the very poor editing and masses of unnecessary history to advance the plot, I gave up before getting halfway through and had to delete, which I seldom do with any book. When you can't even be consistent with naming, how can you engage the attention of a literate audience? Pity, I like this genre generally, but cannot recommend this unless the writer decides to invest in a good editor, make some serious cuts and tighten up the plot.

The Chapel in the Woods
The Chapel in the Woods
Price: 2.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Editing, 20 Aug 2012
Due to the number of times the typeface kept shifting from miniscule to huge and having to re-set, I ended up deleting this book about a third of the way through. I also had quite a bit of trouble with the plot line for the earliest point in history as I am a medieval historian and the grasp of the period was becoming more and more irritating as well.

Designer Habitat - 1200 Watt Hot Air Popcorn Maker With FREE bag of Popping Corn 500g + 4 FREE Popcorn Boxes

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for the Money, 21 May 2012
I have used this machine many times since I bought it and it does perform well as a popper. My main complaints would be the large number of "old maids" (the unpopped corn) that comes out along with the popped corn and the fact that despite having a large bowl underneath (which does become quite hot so don't use plastic), the popping corn does tend to hurl itself all over the counter, especially as the bowl becomes full.

The Ghosts of Lovely Women (The Teddy Thurber Mysteries Book 1)
The Ghosts of Lovely Women (The Teddy Thurber Mysteries Book 1)
Price: 3.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Literate, 11 Mar 2012
A real pleasure reading this. The interweaving of the teaching of English literature with the plot was most enjoyable and it was hard to actually put my Kindle down and get some needed sleep before getting to the end. I do hope the author will use this lovely character again in a similar fashion.

Wine of Violence: A Medieval Mystery #1: An Historical Mystery (Medieval Mysteries)

4.0 out of 5 stars In The Footsteps of Cadfael, 20 Feb 2012
I had trouble putting this book down! Character development was excellent, as was the history, and as soon as I finished the book, I went out and bought the next 3 in the series.